genetics? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 05:29 PM   #31
Bringerofdoom
if the patternless albino male makes a full recovery and is parisite free, i guess ill just have to breed and see what happens next year.....

i just figured based upon the cheap price and everything it was just a tremper.

if i only knew of a site that has pictures of adult bells, trempers and rainwaters i would be able to tell, because i seen what was i thought clutchmates that looked identical to it. the only thing that set this guy apart was the total lack of a pattern. if it wasnt even for that, i wouldnt have got him at all.

Old 11-10-2004, 05:31 PM   #32
royalgoldreps
Quote:
Originally posted by Bringerofdoom
if the patternless albino male makes a full recovery and is parisite free, i guess ill just have to breed and see what happens next year.....

i just figured based upon the cheap price and everything it was just a tremper.

if i only knew of a site that has pictures of adult bells, trempers and rainwaters i would be able to tell, because i seen what was i thought clutchmates that looked identical to it. the only thing that set this guy apart was the total lack of a pattern. if it wasnt even for that, i wouldnt have got him at all.
Maybe not as big a deal for males as it would be for females, but it may take several months for him to REALLY get his health back. If it was a female I would tell you to forgo next year for sure.

Good Luck!

Old 11-10-2004, 05:47 PM   #33
Bringerofdoom
oh, i know it will take several months to even get him back up from all of this. i was planning on using him in mid 05 to breed, but if he isnt healthy ill pass.

Old 11-10-2004, 06:24 PM   #34
Xelda
Quote:
i thought i had already stated this, but i will again. the patternless is 66% het for tremper albino.
That doesn't mean he's actually het for Tremper. There's only a 66% chance that he is het.

Old 11-10-2004, 07:18 PM   #35
Bringerofdoom
it was the female thats a tremper het, i honestly dont know how the 66% works out. i asked about it on other forums and got mixed responses too.

http://www.knreptiles.com/available/miscleo.html thats the link to the section of their site. #P131 was the female i got from them.

Old 11-10-2004, 08:22 PM   #36
royalgoldreps
Quote:
it was the female thats a tremper het, i honestly dont know how the 66% works out. i asked about it on other forums and got mixed responses too.

http://www.knreptiles.com/available/miscleo.html thats the link to the section of their site. #P131 was the female i got from them.
When you mate a leo that is Homozygous fpr a trait and het for a trait with another that it het for both of the same traits you get the following results:

Homozygous A, Het. B x Het. A, Het. B

1 Het. A
2 Het. A, Het. B
1 Het. A, Homozygous B
1 Homozygous A
2 Homozygous A, Het. B
1 Homozygous A, Homozygous B

Now we are focussing on the A trait for this example so we toss the hets, the Homozygous B and the Double Homozygous because they are all readily identifiyable as different from our target group. Now let's look at it again:

1 Het. A,
2 Het. A, Het. B,
1 Het. A, Homozygous B,
1 Homozygous A,
2 Homozygous A, Het. B,

1 Homozygous A, Homozygous B

Notice that there are three animals that appear to be A trait. Two that are Homzygous for A and het for B and one that is just Homozygous for A. Since the B trait is not visible and cannot be proven without test matings one cannot tell which A trait animal is het for B.

If you look at the ratio of JUST the target group (2 Homo A het B and 1 Homo A) you will see that the Homo A het B is 66% of the group of 3 animals.

Hense: Trait A 66% het for B.

The same conclusion could be made for the normal looking animals only you would call them: 66% double het for Trait A and B.

I hope that cleared up your confusion.

Old 11-10-2004, 08:35 PM   #37
Bringerofdoom
yes that clears it up a whole lot. thanks for that detailed information.

Old 11-11-2004, 04:59 PM   #38
Bringerofdoom
ok one more idea, i was toying with it in my head and now good ol tremper gots my mind going now with those aptors.

i was thinking of pairing up a golden hypo leo with a patternless leo then take one the resulting offspring and pair it with another golden hypo or a shct. now correct me if im wrong, but wouldnt i have a nice chance of producing a high orange/golden or better patternless?

Old 11-11-2004, 05:06 PM   #39
Xelda
Yes, that's why I suggested earlier in the thread that you try doing a tang patternless project.

Old 11-11-2004, 05:21 PM   #40
Bringerofdoom
ok thanks, i seen your suggestion but was trying to figure out how itll work out. the reason i was asking, is that i aquired another patternless leo hatchling from petco all of his clutchmates were patternless. ill assume that he's probably het for patternless. i dont know the sex of it yet, but it dont matter. figure eventually i could cross it to any patternless albinos i get.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread