Using your real name? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-20-2003, 06:49 PM   #11
DThomas
Quote:
Originally posted by Missymonkey
What about posting IP addresses?

I don't know anything about IPs but have heard people looking into questionable persons and mentioning that a particular IP has several names connected to it... I wouldn't even know how to find my IP, but it's just a thought
Not a good idea. You do not want your IP posted all over the net. It would make it very easy for some one you have upset to launch a DOS, (denial of service), Attack against you. Keep your IP private.

One other thing about IP's. If the person still has a dial-up account, their IP is going to be different everytime they sign on. Most everyone on DSL or Cable obtains an IP through DHCP so their IP is not static. This means they get a new IP on a regular basis. Those that know how, can also change their IP when they want to, it's easy to do.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!