New front page - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-20-2003, 10:00 PM   #1
WebSlave
Arrow New front page

Check out the new front page for FaunaClassifieds.com:

Front Page

Bit of a newer look. Might have some more tweaking to do, so things may change a bit in the near future.

Old 10-20-2003, 11:53 PM   #2
JungleHabitats
Talking looks good Rich

to me will be more inviting right off the bat to people who come to it . easily shows new "meat" if ya will lol good job

Old 10-21-2003, 06:23 AM   #3
John Apple
Niiicce
it shows the whole content without window shopping

Old 10-21-2003, 02:26 PM   #4
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
I like the new front page layout alot Rich. I only have one complaint, which is something I've never liked in any website.

When you click on any of the forums, it opens a whole new window in your browser, as opposed to just going to the desired page. I have personally just never been a fan of this as on both of my computers the new window opens up small and I have to readjust the size, which to a lazy bum like me, is a pain.

Otherwise, I really like the layout alot. The only thing I would change as far as the look goes, is to have the Reptile and Amphibian section part of the discussion forum on the top of the list, as that is what the site is geared towards and it is those forums that you're trying to push harder than say, the admin forums or the mammal forums.

Just my thoughts, but I'm digging the lay-out.

Old 10-21-2003, 02:35 PM   #5
WebSlave
Thanks, Rob, for the suggestions.

Actually I am not promoting the Reptiles & Amphibians sections heavier than the other animal groups. It is just working out that way that this section is the most heavily traveled. Forums were added to it as seemed fitting at the time. If the other animal groups were as heavily traveled, I would add forums there that would be consistent with keeping the postings segregated in a meaningful manner as well.

At one time I actually had the admin section at the bottom of the forum groups display. No one even knew it existed. Since it does pertain to the entire site, and does need some visibility, I decided to place it at the top to try to catch some attention.

Further, if I moved the Legislation group further down the page, I would likely be accused of burying those messages posted there, so I tried to keep it fairly close to the top of the display.

But at least the front page gives a much better overview to what is actually in FaunaClassifieds, so hopefully I can make logical changes that won't hide something from view on anyone.

Thanks.

Old 10-21-2003, 04:36 PM   #6
StubbyUK
For what a newbie's opinion is worth ....I like the new layout, its very logical and seems a lot less cluttered. Before I got my new puter with the bells and whistles on I'd have preferred it not to open a new window when you click on a forum as too many windows kind of gummed up the works. I don't have a problem now I've gone all hi-tech (well hi-techish...) but other users might have trouble perhaps?

Anyways, looking good and easier to naviate around IMHO.

Old 11-03-2003, 07:43 PM   #7
Texas Atrox
Front page looks good and is much easier to navigate! Good job Rich!

Dave

Old 11-03-2003, 08:40 PM   #8
WebSlave
Still got some changes I want to make. I want to also display the latest messages posted in the Discussion forums as well as the latest issues showing up in the Legislation and Alerts section.

Got to do some poking and prodding of the format to see what will work best, though.

Thanks.

Old 11-12-2003, 06:31 AM   #9
Adam Block
Looks good, I like the newest info on the right. I do think you should have the last person to post included instead of the thread starter though.

Also, and I always say this but there is SOO much here I forget about it a lot. Sometimes I find myself 5 layers into the site and that's tough. I really think fauna needs a more central location and maybe a color change to blue or something a little more pleasing to the eyes.

What do I know though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!