Fedex Irresponsable and Late - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 04-15-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
candace313
Angry Fedex Irresponsable and Late

I had reptiles left on my porch in the Florida sun yesterday by FedEx. They didn't knock on the door and just left them. I almost tripped over the box on my way to take the dogs out. Today my reptiles were supposes to be here at 12. The website said they were on schedule until 12:15. It is now 1:40 and still no reptiles. I keep checking outside my door in fear they will leave these outside without a knock.
I'll never ship with them and will try to have my reptiles sent with a different carrier from now on.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
garweft
FedEx doesn't specialize in delivering reptiles and they won't treat it any different than if it was a new computer mouse or the newest book in the twilight series. All you can do is wait and be polite when it arrives.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:56 PM   #3
TripleMoonsExotic
...and right now you don't have a choice in couriers if shipping snakes...USPS is flat out illegal and UPS's policy prohibits snakes unless you have a waiver (which are few and far between)...

Old 04-15-2011, 03:58 PM   #4
SERPENTS DEN
I would recommend that when you're expecting a live delivery to not only watch for FedEx but also to put a big note on the door asking him them to knock loudly.

Old 04-15-2011, 04:16 PM   #5
candace313
I guess I just feel people should use common sense and knock when they have a box saying perishable and/or live harmless reptile all over it. I don't do snakes so the carrier isn't as limited.
I know USPS is cheaper and the require a signature and guarantee arrival by 3pm next day. I think I'll use them from now on. Still don't understand why most people ship with FedEx especially after I have experienced business with both of the companies. Not only did usps knock, but the person was actually polite both times. I opened the door after FedEx did not knock a bit ago and the delivery guy didn't even return my "good evening". He just glanced at me and got in his van.

I am unsure of anything to do with UPS shipping so I'll keep my mouth shut on that one.

Old 04-15-2011, 04:21 PM   #6
TripleMoonsExotic
USPS does not guarantee next day. Their is a big sign in our PO that says they do not guarantee next day delivery to all locations. They are notorious for late shipments and have a crappy tracking system. I ship nothing of importance through USPS, live or otherwise.

Old 04-15-2011, 04:29 PM   #7
candace313
I've shipped live with them once and received live from them twice.
I was also told by them that the shipment was guaranteed by 3pm next day.
They didn't have a sign in my local office stating otherwise.
Perhaps the area that the shipping is being done is a large factor.

My 2 live orders from usps were brought to my home by 10am and the delivery person was in a suit and dodge charger rather than postal truck. It seemed like they took the live package as a serious responsibility.
Perhaps I have just been lucky so far...

Old 04-15-2011, 06:11 PM   #8
rstymtlhd
Always ask the person your buying from to require a signature. I will not ship any other way. If it rtequires a signature then they will always knock. Pretty simple really....

Old 04-15-2011, 06:18 PM   #9
FosterHerpetological
But I have also gotten shipments with sig required, but the drivers still have just sat the package on the front porch. They don't really care.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:03 PM   #10
TripleMoonsExotic
Checking "require signature" doesn't do you any good if their is a signature release on file for the delivery address. You can call FedEx and ask them to remove it, but I'm not sure how many have actually been successful with that. I myself left mine on file because I work from home and when expecting a reptile shipment, sit in my living room with the curtains back until the package arrives. My driver 99% of the time makes deliveries between 10 and 10:30, regardless of delivery method, so it works for me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!