SHIPPING: What you need to know! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 06-16-2010, 03:44 PM   #21
jeffwyatt81
Ok, so my next dilema is fedex states in their contract live reptiles can only be shipped buisness to buisness and by shipping to a residential address will violate the contract just as if you were shipping with no waiver at all and con result in confiscation of your animals and occur fines???This coming strait from the live animal dept. I don't know about you all but I'd say 99% of my sales got to your average person at a residential address and not to a buisness. Any ideas on this?

Old 06-16-2010, 03:52 PM   #22
chamgirl99471
Hub to Hub.. You're recipient would have to pick up at the Fed Ex Hub in their area!

Old 06-16-2010, 03:53 PM   #23
TripleMoonsExotic
Ship to the nearest FedEx hub. Unless the property is zoned business, it is considered residential even if a business exists in the home.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:11 PM   #24
jeffwyatt81
Ah ha, great thanks much for your help everyone

Old 06-16-2010, 04:16 PM   #25
chamgirl99471
No problem... I was just as confused as you at first but my agent has been a HUGE help Glad to be of assistance!... It's a pain but at least I can keep my hobby on the up and up now!!

Old 06-16-2010, 04:24 PM   #26
jeffwyatt81
Yes, my main concern is my animals safety first and foremost and I won't take chances with their lives under any circumstance so I want to follow the rules to the "T". This is a hobby and passion of mine and I love all my animals one in the same so I just wanted to be 110% right by the shipping process to ensure I have the least amount of problems as possible and a the safest method of shipping.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Old 06-26-2010, 06:16 PM   #27
aareptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
Prohibited Live Animals
Live Animals that are prohibited from being shipped and are not accepted for transportation include, but are not limited to:
  • Any poisonous, venomous or threatening animal
  • Any Threatened or Endangered species
  • Arachnids (All): Examples: mites, scorpions, spiders, ticks
  • Birds (All)
  • Crocodiles (All): Examples: alligators, caimans, gavials
  • Mammals (All)
  • Obnoxious Insects: Examples: flies, locusts, mosquitoes, roaches, termites, weevils
  • Snakes (All): venomous and non-venomous

Confused?

Old 06-26-2010, 06:26 PM   #28
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by aareptiles View Post
Confused?
What are you confused by?

Old 06-28-2010, 12:36 PM   #29
aareptiles
Isn't this saying all snakes either venemous or non venemous are prohibited? Or is this only if you aren't certified or... IDK

Old 06-28-2010, 01:26 PM   #30
TripleMoonsExotic
Yes, shipping snakes is prohibited by UPS. Their is no certification system for UPS. Some larger companies have special exemptions that they can ship snakes through UPS though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fedex, shipping, ups