New Animal History Computer Program - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 05-28-2006, 01:39 PM   #1
Skylinux
New Animal History Computer Program

I have decided to write a new computer program which will allow me to have a record of my animals lives and the occurring expenses during their lives. If there is enough interest, I might even create a customer table which will allow breeders to know exactly who got which animal, when and for how much.
The program will also provide you with a family tree for breeding projects.

So far I have created the database to hold all the information and I would like to receive some feedback on what you would store in a program like this.
http://images17.fotki.com/v312/photo...May2006-vi.jpg

The program will be written in VB.NET with MySQL as the main database.
The program "Animal History" and source code will be available for download at no charge.

---
Skylinux
Network-Technologies.org - Breeding Gerbils Project

Old 05-28-2006, 10:22 PM   #2
RosterImposter
This is awesome man! Im not even a breeder and I would want this....well my jacksons have just had 9 offspring, so I guess I would use this more than I think.

Id use this alot more, and Im sure many people would like to have this program aswell!

Old 05-29-2006, 01:34 AM   #3
Skylinux
Here is the first working screen shot!
Here you can see the Animal Management Page. Relation ships to Mother and Father are established, other basic information can be entered here as well. More tomorrow, or should I say later today
http://public.fotki.com/Skylinux/pro...29may2006.html

---
Skylinux
Network-Technologies.org - Breeding Gerbils Project

Old 06-09-2006, 10:27 AM   #4
SVT Snake
Have you seen this? http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=63056

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!