Cavity search traffic stop for littering - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 01-30-2013, 12:20 PM   #21
Metachrosis
Easily avoided,stop tailgating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal View Post
I guess I'm the only other one that gets infuriated when someone elses cigarette butt hits my windshield

Old 01-30-2013, 03:55 PM   #22
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metachrosis View Post
Easily avoided,stop tailgating
I'm sure there is no way such a light object thrown from a vehicle going 70mph would ever touch a car keeping a reasonable distance. I would buy one of these if I were you:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0470903244

Old 01-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #23
JColt
When I used to have motorcycle it was like lighted tiny missiles coming at you!

Old 01-30-2013, 04:30 PM   #24
Metachrosis
Being a career driver and smoker for over 30yrs ea. I fully understand the process in great detail,I have no need for canned intelligence reference manuals to prove one has to be in the aero draft in order to be struck by a butt,which is not considered a safe distance of following

Old 01-30-2013, 04:33 PM   #25
Metachrosis
and at 70mph the majority landed well before they were near miss's
which is why I never ride close to the zipper line as the law prescribes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post

Old 01-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #26
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
The morning spitters drive me nuts too. I'd probably lose it if I was on a bike

Old 02-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #27
JColt

Old 03-24-2013, 10:06 AM   #28
Dennis Hultman
Troopers Indicted After Roadside Cavity Search Of Two Women
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/03/22/t...-of-two-women/
Quote:
DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) - CBS-11 has learned two state troopers involved in a controversial roadside cavity search of two North Texas women have been indicted on criminal charges by a Dallas County Grand Jury.

CBS-11 has learned that one of the troopers, Kelley Helleson, who left the courthouse after testifying Friday, is charged with two counts of sexual assault and two counts of official oppression.

She was seen on dashcam video searching the body cavities — front and back — of the two women along an exit ramp of the Bush Turnpike in Irving last summer.

The Texas Department of Public Safety fired Helleson.

CBS-11 has learned the other trooper in the case, David Farrell, is charged with theft after one of the women said her prescription bottle of the painkiller hydrocodone was missing after the search.

Farrell initially stopped the women after seeing them throw a cigarette out of their car window.

The Department of Public Safety says he remains suspended pending the outcome of its administrative investigation.

The troopers were searching for illegal drugs, but didn’t find any.

The women testified before the grand jury Friday, but declined comment.

Their attorney, Scott Palmer says he believes the troopers broke the law.

“There is no textbook that would mandate or authorize this type of search. We’ve said it before, and we will say it again, this is so outlandish and so outside the bounds of what police officers are allowed to do.”

The women filed a lawsuit against the troopers and the head of the Department of Public Safety.

Helleson’s attorney, Robert Baskett, says his client is not guilty and didn’t assault or fondle the women.

He says Helleson passed a polygraph test, and is in the process of appealing her firing.

The Department of Public Safety would not comment Friday on the indictments.
I think it is important to remember that authorities were notified, investigated and took no action until publicity and lawsuit forced their hand.

Those responsible for not acting and condoning need to have their employment terminated at the very least.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:36 PM   #29
Metachrosis
Texas State Troopers set the bar on
this stuff.
Bottomline is they are thugs with guns and badges any where in the USA
This incident just happened to get pushed by the complainants,most sheep cave into the intimidating that occurs when filing the complaint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
I think it is important to remember that authorities were notified, investigated and took no action until publicity and lawsuit forced their hand.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:21 PM   #30
JColt
DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) - Angel and Ashley Dobbs say they’re relieved and pleased two state troopers now face criminal charges after this controversial traffic stop caught on dashcam video last July.

Angel Dobbs says, “I’m ecstatic about it.”

It shows trooper Kelly Helleson conducting a body cavity search of both women on an off-ramp of the Bush Turnpike in Irving last July.

Angel’s niece, Ashley Dobbs says, “I feel good about it. Justice is being served.”

As we reported first last Friday, a Dallas County Grand Jury charged Helleson with two counts of sexual assault and two counts of official oppression.

If convicted, she would have to register as a sex offender.

The Department of Public Safety fired Trooper Helleson.

She is appealing.

Her attorney, Robert Baskett insists Helleson didn’t assault or fondle the women.

Ashley Dobbs says, “We were there. It happened to us. It definitely makes you angry.”

The other trooper, David Farrell, who initiated the traffic stop, is charged with theft.

Angel Dobbs says her bottle of prescription pills was stolen during the traffic stop.

She says, “Protect and serve turned into intimidation and domination.”

DPS says Trooper Farrell remains suspended pending the outcome of an administrative investigation.

Both women went public last December when they filed suit against the troopers.

Last week, they testified before the Grand Jury.

Since coming forward, Angel and Ashley Dobbs say their story has gained worldwide attention, a fact that overwhelms them.

Angel Dobbs sobbed, “That’s what makes me emotional because we have had so much support from the public and it’s not just here. It’s the UK, it’s Turkey, China, Africa. It’s great medicine for your heart.”

Dobbs says she’s heard from other women who claim to have gone through the same thing — but didn’t have the courage to come forward.

It’s that silence, she says, that inspires her to speak out and fight in court.

One of her attorneys, Charles Soechting Jr. says while they dropped the director of the DPS as a defendant in the lawsuit, he and attorney Scott Palmer say they’re likely going to file suit against others in DPS.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!