Free Mulch - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 02-08-2014, 03:52 PM   #1
Lucille
Free Mulch

For those of you growing a little vegetable garden, mulching paths can be a great time saver. Some people say not to use fresh mulch the garden itself because of the depletion of nitrogen that might occur, but I've always done it.

I have been hauling mulch into the garden area all day, I move 3 loads then rest then 3 more. The local tree company delivered around 10 yards of wonderful fragrant fresh mulch to my driveway a couple days ago.

Tree trimming companies either have to bring the chipped trimmings to a central area or pay to dump them locally, so giving mulch to gardeners is good for them and good for us gardeners.
Sometimes you get little branches along with the chipped mulch but mostly they do a pretty good job of chipping/mulching as they put the branches into their truck chipper.

If you do a search for local tree companies and send them a nice email, you might come up with a bunch of free mulch delivered to your house. Naturally, the companies pretty much want to give you a truckload but their trucks come in different sizes.
Anyway, some people know about this but on the off chance you have a garden and didn't you do now

Old 02-12-2014, 10:40 PM   #2
Magic
You mulch in February?

Wait.

You're in Texas. Never mind.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!