Meet Kakarot - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-30-2016, 07:50 PM   #1
TerraSynn
Question Meet Kakarot

This is the 4th Leo I've owned. He's a Carrot, so I named him Kakarot. Just got him today. The last owner named him Godzilla, but that just didn't suit him. Yes, I'm going to take that wood bedding out and put some calc sand in.

What I really need to know is what is the best brand for a heat bulb. The one given to me seems like it's just a florescent bulb and the night heat bulb I bought today seems to be just a plain old black light bulb. I want something that's actually going to warm my little boy up.
Attached Images

Old 10-10-2016, 09:47 PM   #2
enoughbubbles456
I've not owned a leopard gecko for that long (didn't stop me from getting 6 lol) but most people wouldn't suggest cali-sand as the coloured ones can dye the geckos skin and they can become impacted.

Mine are all on paper towels atm, but once I get my vivarium stack setup they'll be going on a substrate called "Leo Life", most people recommend it as it's supposedly very natural.

I can't help with the bulb I'm afraid as mine are going to have CHE's.
But usually any brand would be okay, just aslong as they're on a thermostat.

😊

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Old 10-10-2016, 11:50 PM   #3
AbsoluteApril
What a cutie, I love the name!

Old 10-11-2016, 02:19 PM   #4
TerraSynn
All of the Leos I've owned have all been on sand (from 6 months on) and I've never had an issue with impaction. Then again, I coat the crickets heavily in calc powder.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!