Sunbeam Snake needs a good home - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:11 PM   #1
MDC_Ophiuchus
Sunbeam Snake needs a good home

I recently acquired this female sunbeam snake at the NRBE in Daytona from LLLreptiles. IN a nutshell, it was an impulse purchase and I was not 100% prepared for what I got. I know, I know...shame on me.

So now I have this beautiful, and unique snake that has proven to be a little bit of a challenge. I need to downsize my collection some anyway, so she's on the list to go.

When I first got her, she had some skin blistering that is common with sunbeams. Since Ive had her, these issues have all but disappeared with the 3-4 sheds she's gone through (amazing what proper care will do to an animal, huh?). However, I have yet to get her to eat. These snakes are natural amphibians/reptile eaters, so getting one to convert to mice is about as difficult as it is for, say, an eastern hognose.

So I am offering this snake free to anyone who is experienced enough to care for her. If I do not feel you are "worthy," I have no qualms about keeping her until I find someone who is. This species is NOT for beginners, so I don't want newbies contacting me just wanting a free snake.

Please PM, email or text 251-604-5225 if you feel you qualify.

Thanks,
Michael

Old 10-19-2010, 05:28 PM   #2
MDC_Ophiuchus
NOTE: I forgot to include that the adopter will have to pay for shipping.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:49 PM   #3
DUBLY
Beautiful snake man. Hope you find her a home. Wish i could take her but, my girlfriend would kill me XD sorry i couldn't be of any help.

Old 10-24-2010, 02:51 PM   #4
ApexJake
just for the heck of it .. try feeding using tuna juice as scent. I know it sounds odd but i was able to get a lot of hognose on rodents this way..

Old 11-23-2010, 07:12 PM   #5
Jkmick
Have you found her a home?

Old 11-24-2010, 08:55 AM   #6
MDC_Ophiuchus
Sorry guys.

She actually passed away several weeks ago. I would assume either stress, parasites, not eating, or all of the above did her in.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:02 AM   #7
SHEDSKIN
would love this snake if still available. Please call me 209-404-3107.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:51 AM   #8
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHEDSKIN View Post
would love this snake if still available. Please call me 209-404-3107.

Might be a bit smelly by now...............

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!