♢ Help this Ol Man out! DESERT TORTOISE - Free to the right home. (Central AZ) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
Amelanistic Orca
♢ Help this Ol Man out! DESERT TORTOISE - Free to the right home. (Central AZ)

THIS IS NOT MY TORTOISE FYI. Craigslist post as follows for a DT~~

AZ native desert tortoise needs new home * aprx. 40-year-old male - been in our family almost that long - aprx. 6-7 lbs. and 12-inches long * long-term commitment needed from you as tortoises live 80-100 years * NO swimming pools, NO dogs, NO African Sulcata Tortoises on your property * If you already have a male desert tortoise, two males will fight. . ..if you have a female desert tortoise you'll need to separate the male and female or they will create multiple babies you'll need to find homes for * You have to be willing to feed your new friend a daily healthy diet when he's not hibernating - tortoises hibernate in the winter months so you'll have to build him a den and I'll help you * you'll need a secure, fenced yard preferably with some grass, vegetation and shade * I'll want to come to your home to verify you have the right habitat * go online and Google "AZ desert tortoise" before you call me -- learn about the animal you're interested in adopting so we can have a constructive conversation * call Scott @ 480-216-8668 between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm -- if you get my voice mail leave a message, I'll return your call. Phone inquiries only -- will not respond to text messages or emails.

Old 06-25-2012, 12:49 AM   #2
Doomtrooper
why not let him go ?

Old 06-25-2012, 04:14 AM   #3
AnimalMan1981
I am a Life Science teacher here in the west phx area, and we have a LARGE (1200 sq ft) desert tortoise habitat at my school...we only have one small desert tortoise in residence now, and have been looking for several more....email me at Animalman1981@yahoo.com or PM me for more details...thanks!!

Nick

Old 06-25-2012, 10:32 AM   #4
Amelanistic Orca
This is an active Clist post in Phx, Az.

IT'S NOT MINE!

You'll have to read the entire post, and contact the guy..... Or not. No worries!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!