AV negative Breeders - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-07-2007, 02:40 PM   #21
jsrocket
If you're talking about the UF document, we've all read it.

Old 04-07-2007, 02:44 PM   #22
JimD
Quote:
And, what is good for the goose? wether you are deceitful or honest...selling a pos dragon is just that, the end result is a pos dragon sold

I disagree with this, if someone has to sell ones they know are positive, they have an obligation to disclose that to the buyer... no matter what. Not hide it like some did and do have deaths and sickness in their colony!

This is not something that just came up this year about testing, it has been going on for several years before there was EM or PCR available on live animals because there was a massive outbreadk of dying animals with being adneo positive and some of us were concerned our dragons may have been infected so we had them tested.

I know some have clear dragons beyond question as they had test more accurate than what is being stated here. PCR, EM, via blood and feces are not the only way to know and there are 2 much more accurate test that are being ignore but have many negative results. I have had some of those and most people that have had dragons for over a decade or lost one and had a necropsy with advance liver studies have 1 of those answers already, those are much higher negaitve statistic than the testing being done on fecal or blood which it seems the experts say may or may not be an adenovirus that is a problem. I would think any lab that does a necropsy with advance studies or does a liver bio can already give the best and accurate stats of positive and negatives and I know from the past you will find a lot of negatives.

Not only were they negative but after talking to Vicki and Rob years ago when this stated for me and being told by them all dragons have adenovirus and it was normal, I assumed the lab had to be wrong when given the results and made them pull the slides and check them again.... specifically for adeno and the response was there was no adeno present or any markers associated with illness from adeno!! Now why would someone tell me different?

This is where I read it. There are a few more posts that talk about it also.
Again, not what I said but someone else.

Jim.

Old 04-07-2007, 02:51 PM   #23
jsrocket
That's your evidence? Sheesh... A rambling, poorly written post.

Old 04-07-2007, 02:52 PM   #24
JimD
I can get the other posts for you from this same person if you think it so poorly written.
Jim.

Old 04-07-2007, 02:54 PM   #25
jsrocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD
I can get the other posts for you from this same person if you think it so poorly written.
Jim.
Not goin' there Jimbo. I don't feel like mud pig wrestling today. CYA

Old 04-07-2007, 03:03 PM   #26
shrap
The tests she is referring to are for dead animals. The necropsy and the liver biopsy. These tests do exist, but are for dead animals. And she was referring to dead animals being tested when she was talking about these tests. I cant make it any clearer. Anyone who knows anything about animals should know that when a necropsy is mentioned it is about dead animals.

From Webster's Dictionary.
Necropsy: : an autopsy performed on an animal
Autopsy: : an examination of a body after death to determine the cause of death or the character and extent of changes produced by disease -- called also necropsy

Are we on the same page now?

Old 04-07-2007, 03:07 PM   #27
Wilomn
Shrap, this tool jimd is too stupid to get it.

He's a for shore candidate to be on Ignore.

Old 04-07-2007, 03:22 PM   #28
JimD
Shrap.
I read that a liver biopsy can be done on a live animal too.
Jim.

Old 04-07-2007, 03:25 PM   #29
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD
Shrap.
I read that a liver biopsy can be done on a live animal too.
Jim.
And as I said earlier, IN THIS THREAD, yes it can. But on MOST small animals the procedure itself will kill the animal because they have to operate and remove a section of the liver.

Old 04-07-2007, 03:27 PM   #30
draggintails
Post #15 JSRocket asks what are the two other more accurate tests mentioned

Post #22 JimD posts where he heard this, it is a post from CheriS...after the quote 3rd paragraph 2nd sentence.

CheriS is not referring to a necropsy in this sentence but 2 more accurate tests which can be performed on live animals which people are ignoring she says.

JimD was asking for information on these above referenced tests to the author of that original post. These tests could be very valuable if we can find out what they are and where they are available. Wes, I am sorry you have self esteem problems related to the size of your tool and that you are not very smart...but it is not proper to call others stupid because of your shortcomings.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!