I have been admiring leo's for a long time... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-30-2006, 10:27 AM   #1
willows chelle
I have been admiring leo's for a long time...

I have experience with many other reptiles. I am an adult, stay at home mom, and I am so looking forward to getting one or two in the future. I have aquariums and everything i would need to set them up. But i want to know more about them and learn about the different breeds, and what is desirable and all that. what books do yall recommend. and what colors are the most desired? I love the black and white ones. mack something or other. i need help educating myself.

thanks!

Old 03-30-2006, 10:54 AM   #2
bro paul
You've come to the right place Michelle! Sounds like your approaching things in a careful and wise way, which will pay off. I think the best way to learn the different morphs and traits is just to hang out on the net a bunch. Read the various posts here and find as many breeders sites as you can. There are some grey areas when it comes to trait/morph definitions, but you can check from site to site and make your own judgement. There are a few good books, but new morphs are popping up all the time so it's hard for a book to be real current.

When it comes to what is most desired, that is also quite varied. Of course, anything with lots of orange is always popular...but so are any good, strong line bred traits or new morphs. Sounds like you've already found some that catch your eye...and that's whats most important (at least to me). Do lots of looking, and if black and white looks the best to you then go for it. The way I see it, you're the one who's going to be working with them everyday...so it's most important that you love the way they look (chances are other will to). Best of luck!

Old 03-30-2006, 10:54 AM   #3
BalloonzForU
Welcome to Fauna Michelle!

Most desirable morph, hum, that's up to you. Most breeders here work with the ones they like the most. Some work with as many as they can, then settle with a few. Like myself, I have quite a few different morphs but have not settled on one or two to work with exclusively yet. Then you have others that go with the trend.

Information and lots of it you will find in our community here at Fauna.
Check out these websites of some of the breeders from here and their care sheets. It's a start. Then ask questions. Everyone here will do their best to lead you in the right direction.

www.goldengategeckos.com
www.hisss.net
www.usageckos.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!