Supreme Court rules that 'Obamacare' health insurance mandate is constitutional - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
Lucille
Supreme Court rules that 'Obamacare' health insurance mandate is constitutional

http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2012...e-court-rules/

Old 06-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
SPJ
But I thought this wasn't a tax?
Obama said this wasn't a tax increase but yet to uphold it, this HAD to be considered a tax.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:41 AM   #3
AbsoluteApril
hooray!

Old 06-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #4
WebSlave
Sounds like a BIG win for the insurance companies.......

We are REQUIRED to have home insurance if we buy a house with a mortgage attached. We are REQUIRED to have auto insurance if we drive our cars on public streets. And now we will be REQUIRED to have health insurance or pay a fine?

For the handful people left in the universe who still DON'T think the insurance companies have some major influence in our government, do you think it's about time to smarten up? What other industry do you know of that has gotten the government to FORCE us to have to buy their product? And at the same time engage in business practices blatantly discriminatory on many levels?

I guess when we fill out our taxes we are going to be required to prove that we have health insurance. Great. Another form that will have to be filled out and some sort of statement provided. And I guess that explains why the insurance companies have required our SSNs all these years.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:46 PM   #5
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I guess when we fill out our taxes we are going to be required to prove that we have health insurance. Great. Another form that will have to be filled out and some sort of statement provided. And I guess that explains why the insurance companies have required our SSNs all these years.
You will. I have already received my statement of coverage that will need to be filed. Kinda wonder how Aetna knew they needed to mail this to me a month BEFORE the ruling.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #6
AbsoluteApril
as far as I understand it (which isn't saying much) not everyone will have to pay the penalty if they don't have insurance

"In addition, many people are exempted from the mandate, such as those for whom premiums exceed 8 percent of household income. Hence, as premiums increase, more and more people will be exempted from the mandate."

Old 06-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #7
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
as far as I understand it (which isn't saying much) not everyone will have to pay the penalty if they don't have insurance

"In addition, many people are exempted from the mandate, such as those for whom premiums exceed 8 percent of household income. Hence, as premiums increase, more and more people will be exempted from the mandate."
Which, of course, likely means that the "middle class" will be taking the brunt of this.......

Old 06-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #8
AnyankasGeckos
Hooray!

Old 06-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #9
buckskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyankasGeckos View Post
Hooray!
that's telling them.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:30 PM   #10
snowgyre
What cracks me up is that I'm already hearing about some right-wingers saying that they're going to move to Canada because of this law. TO CANADA! Oh God, the tears! The tears! I'm laughing so hard!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!