My new scrub! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-09-2011, 09:20 AM   #1
metaldad904
My new scrub!

Got this little girl a couple weeks ago and Atlanta Repticon, she's an Aru locality...bred by bushmaster. She's a trip, unbelievably attentive to everything going around. Haven't decided on a name just yet so right now i just call her Scrubby Scrub lol. Sorry for the crap quality of the pic, camera phones suck. i'll try to get some better ones soon.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:23 PM   #2
Utta
very nice pick up! shes a looker

Old 02-09-2011, 07:33 PM   #3
TheFragginDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utta View Post
very nice pick up! shes a looker
To think of how big that cute little girl will get too, definitely a candidate for monthly pics of growth progression!!

Old 02-09-2011, 07:48 PM   #4
metaldad904
Thanks ya'll! Yeah I fell in love with her at the show...I always wanted a scrub and once I handled her I knew it was a done deal. She's pretty tame but can be a bit unpredictable at times...nothing wrong with a little friskiness. I like my snakes like I like my ladies....fiery and full of spunk! Hahaha

Old 02-09-2011, 07:50 PM   #5
metaldad904
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragginDragon View Post
To think of how big that cute little girl will get too, definitely a candidate for monthly pics of growth progression!!
Ill definitely do that, I'm curious to see how quick she grows. Eating like a pig so far, a rat pup every 4 or 5 days

Old 02-12-2011, 05:54 PM   #6
David_Means
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldad904 View Post
Ill definitely do that, I'm curious to see how quick she grows. Eating like a pig so far, a rat pup every 4 or 5 days
Scrubs are better grown slow and kept lean. I'd change to pup every 10-14 days.

David

Old 02-13-2011, 10:53 PM   #7
metaldad904
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_topless View Post
Scrubs are better grown slow and kept lean. I'd change to pup every 10-14 days.

David
I don't plan on keeping this feeding schedule for very long, just trying to give her a really good start in her new home. Previous owner was feeding her mice so I figured it would be good to give her a little extra oomph for a few weeks before dialing back to a more normal feeding routine. At this age I can't see it rly hurting as long as it doesn't go on for long. I appreciate the advice David, ill bring it down within the next week or 2.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!