For Sale Male B&W Argentine Tegu, Female Extreme Gaint - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Tegus

Notices

Old 06-15-2013, 07:33 PM   #1
tinahaug
Male B&W Argentine Tegu, Female Extreme Gaint

Local pickup in the Balt/DC area, or meet at Havre De Grace or Hamburg shows.

I have a male B&W Tegu, 41 inches (regenerated tail, unsure circumstances).
Approx 3 yrs old; I've had him for a year.
He is as tame as a cat. Likes being pet, does not like being held or picked up. Does not like walking on a leash (he will wear the harness and leash fine, but if you try to stop him from walking where he wants to go, he will get very upset and go into a crocodile death roll). I have taken naps with him nose-to-nose; he has never bitten myself, husband, or children. He would need time to adapt to his new home before he settles down; when I first got him, he snorted and tail-whipped for a week or two.
MALE IS SOLD!!

I have a female Extreme Giant (Varnyard 2012), approx. 1 yr old. I have not measured her, but she is almost as long as the male; she will be a big girl. NOT tame, not fond of being pet; needs work. She will attempt to bite if provoked.

I am looking to rehome one or both, because the female has outgrown her smaller habitat, and they are living together. The male is being overly aggressive with his mating attempts, prob cause she wants nothing to do with him. He should NOT go to a home with one female. He is fine alone, and would probably be okay with multiple mature females.

I am attaching two pics of the male, one of of the female, and one of her tail damage.

They are currently free-roaming in the master bedroom of my house. I was told by the male's previous owner that he was somewhat cage aggressive. He hasn't shown any of that to me, tho I have never put him in a cage.

Rehome fee: $150 (Male), $300 (Female). Firm.
The only trades I would be interested in are female yellowfoot tortoises.

Thanks,
Tina
Attached Images

Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
argentine, tegu, tortoise, yellowfoot