where is Daniel and Wendy Wedeking from scales/exoticlizards.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Bureau of Missing Persons

Notices

Bureau of Missing Persons With the number of messages I have to move from someone trying to locate another, I guess this forum is needed. Please use it for that purpose.

Old 04-13-2005, 03:21 AM   #1
robin d.
Arrow where is Daniel and Wendy Wedeking from scales/exoticlizards.com

i miss seeing you guys if you are out there reading... i miss yalls posts and was just wondering how things were goiing. hope to hear from you!!

Old 04-13-2005, 03:32 AM   #2
Bringerofdoom
IF i remember correctly they disagreed with rich charging for the site and have not been around since the change.

Old 04-13-2005, 05:32 AM   #3
DAND
If I remember correctly Wendy has posted since the change but it has been quite a while ago. Haven't seen hide nor hair of Daniel since the change.

Old 04-13-2005, 12:50 PM   #4
WebSlave
I have to admit that I was extremely surprised at Dan's stance in this decision I had to make. In order for this site to survive, I had to start treating it like a business, which I would have thought any businessman would have understood. I always appreciated Dan's support over the years with his banner ads and webhosting, and was disappointed that he pulled them immediately when the changeover took place here. Wendy apparently continued to post until her previous paid donation expired.

I do see Dan on the user log about every day, so apparently he has chosen to go into lurker mode instead of being an active participant here. I guess there is still information of interest to keep him coming back, but he has chosen to not post any longer.

I knew I would lose some people during the change, but never really expected Dan and Wendy to count among them. But that was their choice to make, I guess. Some people that left I was not particularly disappointed to see go, but Dan and Wendy were good people, and their loss here does bother me......

Old 04-13-2005, 01:17 PM   #5
robin d.
Quote:
but Dan and Wendy were good people, and their loss here does bother me......
as it should since they have been supporting you from almost the very begining, i do not think you even listened to one single thing they or anyone else said... you lost allot of GOOD friends to this as well as burned many bridges

Old 04-13-2005, 01:39 PM   #6
WebSlave
Not agreeing with what someone said is not the same as not listening to them, Robin. I listened to what everyone said. No matter what I did would have meant disagreeing with someone. It is absolutely impossible to do everything everyone suggests. And what exactly makes one person's opinions carry more weight then someone else's? I believe some of those people predicted the demise of this site because of my decision. Does it look like that is going to happen?

Perhaps in the future it will be best if I just implement changes without getting feedback from the members. I will get flak either way, but at least I won't get some people getting their knickers in a knot if I don't pull their particular suggestion out of the hat. I will just assume 10 percent will be for it, 10 percent will be against it, and the other 80 percent won't care either way. Sure will save me a bunch of time and effort doing it that way anyway.

Old 04-13-2005, 03:45 PM   #7
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin s.
as it should since they have been supporting you from almost the very begining, i do not think you even listened to one single thing they or anyone else said... you lost allot of GOOD friends to this as well as burned many bridges
I don't agree with that, I think the implementation of the tiered system and different levels of membership and priviledges, were all influenced by suggestions. Unless of course you mean that he didn't listen to only the people who said don't implement a fee, which wasn't a fair request.

And how good of friends were they if they bailed the minute WS decided (rightly so) that he was no longer willing to spend countless hours maintaining the website while losing money out of his own pocket to keep it running. I think a lot more people burned the bridge from the other end, especially Brian and several others.

As far as pulling ads or banners that's their business decision to make, whether right or wrong. I think it would make more sense to advertise here now, even if hits are less, because the hits are from people who are willing to pay a few bucks to be here, and therefore, probably more likely to spend money. Hosting a site here doesn't really have anything to do with the traffic, so if people pulled their hosting, especially if it was out of spite, I think that is very petty and childish. Just my opinion and to each their own. I know that when I want something, I give preference to FC advertisers and users, if I don't find what I want here, I search the web, but KS is not one of the places I look.

Old 04-13-2005, 04:26 PM   #8
ms_terese
Quote:
you lost allot of GOOD friends to this as well as burned many bridges
No way. Assuming you are familiar with who Rich's "GOOD friends" are/were, I would say that any friend who bailed because of a disagreement over how someone runs a website that they own & pay for is no friend at all.

Old 04-13-2005, 05:05 PM   #9
dwedeking
Clearing the air

I disagreed with charging for the BOI. That's water under the bridge now as it's done.

Since Rich turned Fauna more into a business orientation we did the same. As such we reviewed our advertising on Fauna as a business decision. Our business targets the recreational hobbyist and newbie owner. We felt (based upon years of internet marketing experience) that a charge site would not facilitate our demographic of customer seeing our advertising. So we pulled the ads. We own and operate our own server, which means it costs us nothing to host our own website. Since Fauna was now a business it no longer needed our donation of the hosting costs.

Thank you for your time,

Old 04-13-2005, 05:13 PM   #10
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_terese
No way. Assuming you are familiar with who Rich's "GOOD friends" are/were, I would say that any friend who bailed because of a disagreement over how someone runs a website that they own & pay for is no friend at all.

Wisely said, Ms. Terese.

In fact, I think it is during the heat of this change, where many showed their true colors, that Fauna achieved its cult status, it now counts as much more than a reptile website to many.

Fauna is far more than a business, friendships have been forged here, and I can truly say that I know of no other webmaster that pours the kind of time, patience, and thought into a site, than Rich puts into Fauna.

I appreciate this site and the fine people here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!