Evaluations - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 03-11-2005, 08:14 AM   #1
Lucille
Evaluations

Aside from raw physical attraction (what? we need to look at MORE?) there are cues people give each other when they meet; and it is well recognized that most communication is non verbal.
It is not always easy to be aware of how and what you evaluate when you look at others. Here are behavioral cues that I think are important to me:
Clothing: I have dated both poor guys and very wealthy men and really it doesn't matter to me whether they wear designer clothing or jeans. It does send negative cues to me when someone is not clean, or if they wear stuff that is wrinkled or torn.
Eyes: This is one of the most important cues for me. Negative cues for me are people who look down or away, showing no self confidence. and alternatively those who use their gaze to stare or challenge. I want someone who looks confident but not hostile.
Interaction with others: When I am on a date, I can tell a lot about a person by how he treats other people when he is with me. How does he treat the restaurant staff when he orders food? How does he treat friends we might meet together? Not the content of what he says, but how he says it is what is important in this evaluation.

OK, how about y'all: What sorts of behavioral cues do you think are important to YOU when you are sizing up new acquaintances?

Old 03-11-2005, 02:02 PM   #2
shrap
I look more at things that tell me to run the other way. Things like are they rude, not just to me but to anyone all night long? Are they selfish? Are they inconsiderate to others? Are they capable of enjoying the date even if we get caught in a downpour and are soaking wet? Are they able to laugh at it and still make the most of it? Things like that.

Old 03-11-2005, 02:42 PM   #3
dragonflyreptiles
I will have to say that I don't like people that agree with everythign I say esp when I throw in a how about that monkey eating ice cream and they still go uh huh cool

I don't like that need to make another person feel small just to make them feel better, or when they look at you like you are stupid and you say "What?" and they say "hmmm nothing", if they have something on their mind they should say it.

I agree with Sammy on the pouring rain thing lol, my hubby still laughs at me for not caring if when we got completely soaked when we went to the drive in, in the back of a pick up and got soaked cause the others didn't want to leave but hey it was fun!

Old 04-10-2005, 11:01 AM   #4
kiote9
I guess the thing I have learned to look for is hidden insecurities. ANYTHING can be used to mask them. I have my insecurities, but I like to be open and honest about them.

Communication, honest communication is terribly important. If a person can lie about what they think and feel they aren't someone I want to be around.

Looks are nice, but not important. Eyes, very important. Eyes can lie, but not as easily.

Old 07-07-2005, 01:30 AM   #5
handsomeRob
yes i think people should be open and honest, but at the same time people should also use tact when expressing those feelings. your complaints may offend the other person. if im introduced to friends of a friend, i will talk to them but i try not to talk to them so much that the person im with feels that they are being ignored. if im going out with a person, i am there to be with that person.....not their friends.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!