EAST PA SHOWS??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 08-24-2007, 12:03 PM   #1
SavannahIzCrazi
Question EAST PA SHOWS???

any one know of ANY reptile shows in east, central, or south PAand MAYBE north, with in 2 hours drive of 17801?

Old 08-24-2007, 12:07 PM   #2
hhmoore
Hamburg, PA - the Northern Berks, and the Northwestern Berks show, both held at the field house. The next one is Sept 8 (I have no idea if that is within two hours of your zipcode, but I suspect it is)

Old 08-24-2007, 12:20 PM   #3
TripleMoonsExotic
There's also the Lititz, PA show (Lancaster)...But I'm guessing they've now canceled it indefinitely?
http://www.pythons.com/lanshow/

If you're looking for a nice show to go to and don't mind the drive, MARS is coming up next month in Timonium, MD.
http://www.reptileinfo.com/Events_Schedule.aspx

Hamburg is crowded, dark & dirty.

Old 08-24-2007, 03:13 PM   #4
SavannahIzCrazi
cool thanks guys, u know if they allow pets brought cause i'de like to bring my female Sav and maybe socialize her

Old 08-24-2007, 03:21 PM   #5
TripleMoonsExotic
A reptile show isn't the place to "socialize" any reptile. Shows can be hectic, loud and stressful for an animal. Some shows allow owners to bring their pets (I personally think they shouldn't) and most don't allow it.

Old 08-24-2007, 03:24 PM   #6
SavannahIzCrazi
that sucks..i was hoping to take her along and find her a boyfriend. well as much as i'de LOVE to take her with me it'd probably be easier on her, and less stressful about ppl bumping me

Old 08-24-2007, 03:36 PM   #7
hhmoore
Most shows do not allow patrons to walk around with uncontained animals (though it is regularly seen, unfortunately). The general policy, is that one does not bring animals to the show unless you are a) a vendor, or b) bringing them to a vendor. (Frequently, people will meet at shows to deliver purchased animals to eliminate the need for shipping & allow for inspection).

Keep in mind that not everybody that attends these shows is actually a fan of reptiles. It has become something akin to a trip to the zoo, and some people are actually very much afraid of the animals they see. For those people, it is one thing to have them enclosed & on display, but it is quite another to see one looking them in the face while they are standing in an aisle.
Also, as you mentioned, there can be a lot of bumping. It is stressful to the animal, AND it creates the risks of injury and escape.
In short, leave your savannah monitor at home.

Old 08-24-2007, 03:40 PM   #8
IloveSnakes1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
Keep in mind that not everybody that attends these shows is actually a fan of reptiles. It has become something akin to a trip to the zoo, and some people are actually very much afraid of the animals they see. For those people, it is one thing to have them enclosed & on display, but it is quite another to see one looking them in the face while they are standing in an aisle.

I hate it when people walk around a snake and scream out "ewwwww"
As for you Sav. , I don't think you really have to bring her. You can find a mate for her... without her.

Old 08-24-2007, 03:47 PM   #9
SavannahIzCrazi
lol as for me i'de see a snake and be like oooooooooooooooooooo pretty! i love snakes, but yeah i'm going to leave her at home.

Old 08-24-2007, 03:56 PM   #10
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavannahIzCrazi
cool thanks guys, u know if they allow pets brought cause i'de like to bring my female Sav and maybe socialize her

You should not own reptiles.

And you damn sure should not be bumping every thread in the monitor discussion forums trying to give people advice or information.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!