Inquiry - West Coast Reptile Shows? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 04-03-2004, 12:31 PM   #1
All4Sky
Inquiry - West Coast Reptile Shows?

Just wondering if anyone has gone to their shows, they are having one this month in a location pretty close to where I live. I went to the IRBA show in San Diego in March as my first herp show, and it was way smaller than I thought. Thanks for your time.

Old 04-03-2004, 12:34 PM   #2
All4Sky
I forgot to ad their URL, its

http://www.westcoastreptileshows.com

Thanks again.

Old 04-04-2004, 01:02 AM   #3
odatria
I have been to both shows he has done so far...

And I must say that I am very impressed. Kevin and Rana are gret people too! I will be attending the show this month for sure!

Old 04-04-2004, 05:56 AM   #4
Isis Reptiles
I was a vendor at one of their shows a few months ago. I would not return either as a vendor or a buyer. It isn't a reptile show--it's a petting zoo. About 80% of the attendees were small children. The aisles were clogged with baby strollers. Not at all a pleasant or businesslike atmosphere. Don't waste your time.

Isis Madec
Isis Reptiles

Old 04-04-2004, 08:21 PM   #5
odatria
I think it is great that the show caters to both...

Children and adults. For someone like Isis who breeds rare and high end animals I can see why he would be dissapointed. But for those of us who like childeren and have entry level herps available, it's great.

Old 04-17-2004, 02:47 PM   #6
montezuma
Isis,
Hey, at least you weren't stuck next to a tiger! I am allergic to cats, dogs, and Big Cats! Kevin stepped up and made "alterations" to keep me from having problems. I still wasn't completely happy but I made the best of it and used it. Did my sales suffer a bit due to it being a "zoo," maybe.
Personally I too am tired of the zoo thing. It is a tool to get paying people through the door but tends to make little sales for vendors. I will keep doing Kevin's shows but will offer opinions to help make the show better for the vendors. I hope that he will take them and make changes to better suit those of us that pay for table space.
I am looking into doing a reptile show here in Phoenix either later this year or in the earlier months next year. Unlike the shows that are here now. It will be vendor friendly.
Anyone interested should email me and I will keep you informed as to what and when:
gene@montezumasreptiles.com

Old 04-17-2004, 06:20 PM   #7
Laura Fopiano
Thumbs up west coast show

Kevin and his crew at radical reptile's have given this industry another venue other than IRBA, and I say it's about time!!

I was a vendor at the first one in November 2003 at San Bernadino Fair grounds during one of the worst natural disaster's that our state has suffered in a very long time, and despite all of that, it was awsome!!

As a club, I attended in Orange county, it was very packed with people, and hard to move around and look at everything, however, a larger building will help.

I will be attending the show in Orange county again in October and I know that it will be a good time!!

Old 04-22-2004, 12:22 PM   #8
All4Sky
Anyone going this weekend? Victorville is only about 30-40mins away from my home so I'm gonna take the wife and son to check it out. Hopefully I can find something I'm looking for.

Old 04-22-2004, 07:28 PM   #9
montezuma
Sal,
Have you gone to the show website? There is a nice list of vendors. If you are looking for leo's... I still haven't inventoried all of the ones I am taking but it looks like anywhere from 75 to 100 mostly virgin adults and subadults.
Gene Jenkins

Old 04-22-2004, 08:01 PM   #10
All4Sky
Gene,

Yea I've seen the list of vendors. It's always nice to see that from a show. I could never get the IRBA to even email me a list. I was wondering if you knew of any vendors that may have any high-end ball morphs? I'm looking for maybe an albino or pastel. As for the Leos, I may find myself vending at one of these shows in the near future, as I have many eggs incubating and have a few hatchlings already. If I make it to the show, I'll be sure to stop by your table and introduce myself. Thanks

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!