Least favorite venomous snake? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: Which snake gave you the most trouble?
A cobra species (Naja, Ophiophagus, Walternnesia, etc) 8 10.96%
A mamba species (Dendroaspis) 23 31.51%
Another elapid species 1 1.37%
North American crotalid (Crotalus, Sistrurus, Agkistrodon) 10 13.70%
A large terrestrial viper (Bitis, Bothrops, Lachesis) 5 6.85%
An arboreal viper (Atheris, Trimeresusus, Tropidolaemus) 4 5.48%
A rear fanged colubrid (Dispholidus, Thelotornis, Boiga, etc) 5 6.85%
A completely nonvenomous snake 17 23.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2005, 11:23 PM   #11
Dan Scolaro
The worse snake you ever handled Joe Lesh was that dying coral snake you sent me and refused to take in return and died. Where is my refund you bum?

Old 11-17-2005, 06:17 AM   #12
viperboi
the worst snake is ever handled was a 9ft wild caught black mamba that would climb the hook right up to my hand so i never tailed them i did it once and never again so i tried trap box but you can't get them in they just try to get out the tink gap you put the snake hook in i tried tongs but they go CRAZY they shake and have their mouth open so i ended up cutting a piece of plexiglass that perfectly fitted in the cage with about a 1mm gap on the sides and a piece of wood horizontal in the middle to put in and force him to the end so i could clean his cage

Old 12-30-2005, 04:06 PM   #13
t. larson
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakegetters
I have a bad boy like that, only he's 12'. Kings are good fun.

I still think the worst times I've had were courtesy of nonvenomous species. Reticulated pythons can be horrible, and they are bigger and stronger than me. My king is very naughty, but he weighs only 3-something kilograms and cobras are neither particularly fast nor particularly strong. Retics can be both, and I do not like working with them.

I also think that Asian rat snakes are the devil incarnate. I would much rather play with mambas than with those buggers.
Wow. Surprised to see that. Asian rat snakes are the devil incarnate.

I agree actually. Used to have a couple cave rats. Beautiful animals and all. The bites didn't bother me until they got bigger. THEN I learned how to handle them and avoud the teeth. Didn't know I was getting experience to keep hots. I have no interest in hots and will likely never GO there, but I guess I could if I had TOO. The stories I've read about blackforests and mambas and taipans would make me say NO to those of course

Old 12-30-2005, 05:16 PM   #14
old guy
water moccasins

because of them being pungent, smelly and food intake and husbandry.

Old 04-11-2006, 12:34 AM   #15
varnyard
Well there was no choice on the pole for my pick. The sawscale viper. They are so nasty, they will never run. They hold their ground and strike like lightning.

Old 04-25-2006, 11:41 AM   #16
Tim Cole
Eastern Diamondback...

I had a 5.5 ft adamanteas that did not tolerate tongs and would not ride a hook.
I am used to them being easy to handle but this was the exception. When restrained, it would open it's mouth wide and SPRAY venom everywhere!

Old 04-27-2006, 11:00 AM   #17
Craig B
I hate any spitting snake. I've kept a few, they are a pain to handle and they mess the glass of the cage.

Old 04-27-2006, 10:52 PM   #18
Vinny D
I would have to say my ex banded forset cobra. She was almost 7' and really wanted me dead lol, she gave me the MOST trouble, either moving into trap boxes or any thing else, i have ever had with a hot. the bush viper and the EDB werent too bad, but they got me. And i know why i wasent afraid of them like many of the other species of hots i was afraid of and did'nt tag me.

Old 04-27-2006, 10:53 PM   #19
Vinny D
sorry for the typo forest cobra

Old 05-28-2006, 12:20 AM   #20
da-snake-king
the largest pain in the butt for me was a col red tail boa..i was watching for a friend...everytime i tried to feed it or clean it's tank..it would try and play tag with me...got me once in the shoulder....damn that hurt

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!