Fake aquarium plants in terarriums? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:10 AM   #1
allnatrlsnapple
Fake aquarium plants in terarriums?

I was wondering if there was any harm in using artificial aquarium plants in my anole's tank.

I was thinking about using something like this so there'd be some color:
http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...AvailInUS%2FNo

Is there any concerns with this? Or should I get the reptile specific ones?

Old 02-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #2
AGoodwin
I personally don't see why there would be a problem. Most aquarium plants do not stand up out of water and therefore wouldn't work, but if you have some that do, then go for it. I personally have a couple smaller silk plants in with my crestie. He doesn't use them, nor would they hold his weight, but they are a nice decor touch to the ground cover give a more natural look.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #3
hadenglock
Shouldnt be any problems, if there safe enough for fish to be swimming around with then it should be safe for any animals

Old 02-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #4
rcarichter
I actually prefer aquarium plants over reptile plants. The ones made for reptiles are silk, which soaks up water immediately. With the plastic ones, the water droplets hang around for a while, so the animals can drink.

Noelle

Old 02-07-2013, 03:25 AM   #5
Badgsx
Your cheapest bet is to buy plants from a craft store such as Micheals. They even have a line called "Real Touch" which looks amazingly lifelike. Just don't buy anything with exposed wire or glitter or anything like that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!