RED ALERT: HR511 Stop Python and Boa BAN NOW! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 02-29-2012, 12:35 PM   #21
InterExotics
They didn't take down my information last time, so I will keep calling!

Old 02-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #22
AbsoluteApril
Here's an update from Andrew Wyatt from herp nation radio:

http://www.herpnation.com/audio/brea...category=audio

Old 03-01-2012, 03:47 AM   #23
Clay Davenport
It interests me to note that the sponsor and 10 of the 14 cosponsors of this bill are Florida representatives.
The other four are 3 from California and one from Puerto Rico.

The fact this this is an essentially a FL sponsored bill speaks as well as anything that this is a state issue completely undeserving of federal legislation.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:49 AM   #24
davesfiles
Yes, everyone copied and pasted on facebook one time. Maybe two. I started a thread about this last night but seem to have not posted it in the right place? Please read How To Facebook Effectively, here: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=304970
Thanks, dave

Old 03-23-2012, 09:43 AM   #25
warpig
I'm sorry to say I just found out about this.

What a load of crap, The Humane Society has too much power for some dam reason.

Quote:
Constrictor snakes have killed 15 people in the United States, including seven children, with reticulated pythons accounting for the largest share of attacks. The tragic death of a Florida toddler in 2009 put a fine point on why the private ownership of these animals is just not worth the risk of children or adults being killed by them.
15 people killed in how many years? How many people have been killed by horses or honey bees ? So are they next ? Of course not horses, They are cute and furry no matter how many times they kick your kids face in. Honey bees are non-native to the US should we stop allowing people to own them ?

Quote:
The ecological havoc wrought by invasive snakes is worse than anyone anticipated. A January 2012 report by researchers with the National Academy of Sciences found that Burmese pythons, in a little more than a decade of colonizing the Everglades, have wiped out 99 percent of raccoons, opossums and other small and medium-sized mammals, and 87 percent of bobcats. A great American ecosystem has been put at grave risk because of this invasive species. By having such an impact, it will inevitably harm the ability of Florida panthers, one of the most endangered animals in our nation, to survive. We must act now in order to prevent large constricting snakes from colonizing other ecosystems and having such a devastating impact on them, too.
They're saying the pythons were'nt there 10 years ago ? I was trapping in Florida in the 80's and we caught several Burms and a Rock Python. Sorry but Florida has a lot of non-native species that cause harm to the eco system and their furry little friends.
The Humane society,peta and all the other extreeeemists go way beyond what's actually necessary just so they can glote and say "look what we did, ok what's next".

Old 03-25-2012, 11:02 AM   #26
ROBERT SIDERS
Really, emails ,letter writng campaigns,thats so cute,having met several times with these men in three states now , nothing will ever work except lawsuits . commitee chair sen hite ive talked to personally told myself and herplobby, we have agood chance in a court of law but I quote , letter writing , will not stop this , letter writing has no effect , compared to face to face.IF YOU were at the sat meeting at the columbia show the overwhelming majority of USARK members agree it is time to sue those trying to destroy us HSUS ,AZA and that ilk.Dont take my word ask anyone who was there. To initiate these suits only requires 6ooo- 8000 as a retainer and 1200 -1500 omnth to maintenance the suit . At the sunday meeting where HERPLOBBY sat down with USARK , terry invited andrew to join in a lawsuit , andrew replied we do not sue thats not our fight. By the way , this conversation was recorded, by SEVERAL PEOPLE , including repticon officials , Billy AND jim have copies of this event contact jim at repticon for your copy. Eric WI, had alot of accuracies, in his OHIO segment, OUR biggest enemies are HSUS and AZA . AZA has a terrible safety record that cannot compare to ours . I ran in downtown ST PETE an exhibit of venomous snakes that fascinated our city , with very little if any negative responses at all .We are not hated by the general public we are misunderstood.My organization C.O.B.R.A. CITIZENS OPPOSING BANS REGULATING ANIMALS , All we do is SUE . Bypublicly exposing these frauds in a court of law we will win . Quoting my attorney, all that allowed in a court room are facts legal precedent, statistical analycists all of which , favors exotic animal owners . What andrew has done is logistically good , well organized, but without litigation will NEVER stop HSUS and AZA. HSUS CANNOT beat us in a court of law . HERPLOBBY , has had their testimony thrown out of court 2 times now , because it was not factual. C.O.B.R.A. IS ORGANIZING IN EVERY SINGLE STATE , any animal owner at all can join our class action suit . IF ark will sue hsus or aza , pick one , we will sue the other, and herplobby will draw suit against yet another Im sure terry will sue because he has already sued the state , and 2 citys in OHIO and won .ITis time to take the fight national and sue . HERP LOBBY, nor myself ,nor andrew can do this alone . WE must all load our guns and point themat the same targets as outlined earlier, emails , and letters help but are clearly inadequate, of this i am sure as I have been at the statehouse all week, we need the anger of RCP3 IN DAYTONA and the research efforts of ritchie luna out west on our sides ,this fight, will last for years, as our opponents come at us every year . AETA , allows for us to go after their CASH ,as well as shut them down . AS I ALWAYS SAY ,VOTE VOTE VOTE.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:11 PM   #27
warpig
I'm serious when I say lets get Ted Nugent to run for president.
There's a facebook page already started.
Get all the animal lovers to help him campaign. He has a bit of disliking for animal extremist groups.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:20 PM   #28
RonzRoyalz
They are cute and furry no matter how many times they kick your kids face in. Funny Bryan.. I have horses, but still funny.

Anyway, how about a million person march at the senate or congress, whatever. I'm not marching from Ms., but I'll fly over there!! Maybe that'll get their attention when they million plus reptile owners at their steps.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #29
allreptiles1966
Thats something i'm up for Ron.!
Count me in to show up !

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!