USDA seeks change to regulate Internet and retail pet sales - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:11 PM   #11
minguss
Quote:
Originally Posted by edf01 View Post
still, with all this being said- who knows if they- or another organization- will want to put reptiles into it in the future. Also- it still comes down to more regulations that can not be fair for breeders of other animals.

I get tired of the it don't effect me mentality.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:49 AM   #12
bullies&balls
It doesn't effect me mentality is not the problem. The problem is people do NOT know anything about the USDA. They regulate RETAIL. As a breeder of say dogs, if you sell to the "buyer" who is keeping the dog and NOT purchasing it for RESELL, then you are exempt. If the dog breeder is selling the dogs to pet stores, then they have to be licensed. A pet stroe that breeds it own dogs can offer them for sale w/o a permit. It is MUCH harder to get a permit for dogs then it is for EXOTICS from the USDA. I can tell you from having a USDA , CBW and various other STATE/FED permits, USDA does NOT want anything to do with reptiles/fish/amphibians. They are completely understaffed and make inspections ONCE a year at MOST !!!!

Old 05-20-2012, 09:23 PM   #15
minguss
http://www.regulations.gov/#!documen...2011-0003-0001

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!