New dumerils boa HUGE - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-01-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
HatRabbitSnakes
New dumerils boa HUGE

I just recently acquired a 5 yr old dumerils boa female that is just enormous. I will post pics soon, but without exagerrating at all she is at least 7 feet(I am 6'3 and her tail was touching the floor and and a good 3 feet was still resting on my shoulders. And weighs over 40 pounds. I couldnt pass up getting her because ive just never seen one so massive before!!!

So, now Im curious,how big is the biggest dumerils boa you guys have seen?

Old 03-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
AbsoluteApril
the biggest durms I've ever seen were when I lived in SoCal at Prehistoric Pets, they had to be 10' and much larger around than a 2liter bottle.

I never understood when people would say durms are on the smaller side! those things were massive!

Old 03-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #3
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
the biggest durms I've ever seen were when I lived in SoCal at Prehistoric Pets, they had to be 10' and much larger around than a 2liter bottle.

I never understood when people would say durms are on the smaller side! those things were massive!
I have seen them easily in the 9ft range.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:59 PM   #4
Metachrosis
There is a female near me that was 10'+ 3 yrs ago
Dums are far from dwarf's

Old 03-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #5
HatRabbitSnakes
Thats amazing. I have worked seen several over 10 yrs old and the largest I had seen was in the 6 foot range. I think I am going to look into prehistoric pets stock for a male companion for this girl now. She actually looks like she could gain a fair bit of weight without being obese so I hope she hits that 2 liter mark....shes going to be just perfect for educational programs...

I read somewhere that this might be a locality thing, and snakes in the northern parto f madagascar tend to get bigger. I wish people kept the localitys different lines were collected from better in the past. It would be interesting to know whats really going on here genetically/locality wise.....

Old 03-03-2012, 12:59 PM   #6
Metachrosis
Just like any other boa that gets the food pounded to it
More food = big fat boa

Old 03-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #7
geck123
i have what is supposedly a male dumerils that is pushing 9 foot,and probably 7-8 years old.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!