2 liter water bottles for feeder rats - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 05-12-2006, 11:42 PM   #1
atavuss
2 liter water bottles for feeder rats

Hi all,
I currently am using 32 oz. water bottles for my feeder rat bins and with the warmer weather onset the bottles will be empty before it is time for weekly maintanence. I want to use 2 liter soda bottles but the threaded part of the soda bottles have cut outs to relieve pressure which prevents the licker part from sealing. any ideas/tips/tricks?

Old 05-13-2006, 12:54 AM   #2
The Reptile House
Yep stay away from plastic if the rats can get to it, they will chew a hole in it and flood your cages. Shanell.
Not sure how you have them set up though?

Old 05-13-2006, 08:48 AM   #3
atavuss
to clarify things a bit more:
I am using 66 quart opaque Sterilite bins with one male to 3 or 4 females in each bin. the rats do not have access to any part of the water bottles other than the licker end. my question is can 2 liter plastic water bottles be used with some kind of special licker end so that they will not leak (the plastic soda bottles have "cut outs" on the threaded portion so that excess pressure can be released from the soda)? I have the water bottles mounted on the side of the bin with the licker bottle going through a hole. I do not mount the water bottles on top of the bin due to concerns about leaking and flooding the bin. I do not want the expense and hassle of setting up an automatic watering system.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!