Baby Tortoises aren't growing HELP - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 01-14-2021, 02:56 PM   #1
Deadpool1043
Exclamation Baby Tortoises aren't growing HELP

hello I have a baby sulcata tortoise and a baby leopard tortoise they are both being housed in the same tortoise table which is about 4 feet wide and 6 feet long i kept them outside during the spring and summer and they are now inside for the winter, but I got them last march and when i weighed the sulcata he was 57g and the leopard was 24g and they are the same weight today. I feed them a mixture of fresh spring mix as well as romaine from time to time and I soak them about 3 times a week they have fresh UVB and an ample basking spot. They are both CB. If anyone could help it would be much apricated.
Thank you,
Angelo

Old 01-14-2021, 07:59 PM   #2
TeamZissou
Hello,

Tortoises should never be kept in pairs. Invisible bullying happens and the submissive tortoise is stressed out and will likely die.

Open tables should also not be used. Read here for the best husbandry methods:

https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/th...rtoise.181503/

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
tortoise, wont grow