New Pennsylvania Super Shows! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 11-29-2009, 05:39 PM   #11
mikeyt
Man, I know there are alot more vendors and buyers that attend Hamburg and get on Fauna. Where are all the shout outs here, support for this show. Who plans on attending?

Old 11-29-2009, 05:49 PM   #12
Goombas Reptiles
I will always be there lol. I rely solely on the show for feeders and supplies. Two of these new venues are actually closer to me now. I'm not gonna lie, I'm pumped haha.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:10 PM   #13
bkline
i am going to be attending the show and have spoke to marty about it, he is hoping for a big ass turn out, which is always good for a new show. he said that there will be alot of the same faces from hamburg and then the obvious new ones that could never get it, lets hope it is successful

Old 12-01-2009, 04:38 PM   #14
DIESELMACK
it would be helpfull also to list vendors who will be selling venomous for each show(confirmed),the listing of vendors on the main site is just a general list as I know several venomous dealers who are not attending, but are on the vendor list..the only reason this would be helpful is alot of people(including myself) only attend hamburg and make the long trek for venomous..I rarely even go past the last 2-3 aisles and to make a 5hr+ drive I would not risk dissappointment of showing up at a new show and only seeing a few venomous vendors there and would probably keep me and others who travel distances to make a trip again.I am not saying this to be negative,but rather if it was able to be established of how many or whom will be there selling would probably bring you more traffic from that side of things.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:49 PM   #15
dragonlvr64
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELMACK View Post
it would be helpfull also to list vendors who will be selling venomous for each show(confirmed),the listing of vendors on the main site is just a general list as I know several venomous dealers who are not attending, but are on the vendor list..the only reason this would be helpful is alot of people(including myself) only attend hamburg and make the long trek for venomous..I rarely even go past the last 2-3 aisles and to make a 5hr+ drive I would not risk dissappointment of showing up at a new show and only seeing a few venomous vendors there and would probably keep me and others who travel distances to make a trip again.I am not saying this to be negative,but rather if it was able to be established of how many or whom will be there selling would probably bring you more traffic from that side of things.
I believe the list of vendors is an old list. Not for the current shows that are listed.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:48 PM   #16
DanRC30
The vendor list is modified on almost a weekly basis. It's pretty accurate. I'll pass on the suggestion however. Thanks for the feedback.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:56 PM   #17
TripleMoonsExotic
Dan, who are you?

Old 12-01-2009, 10:04 PM   #18
DanRC30
I'm in charge of the web stuff for the show (website, facebook, etc.). Who are you?

Old 12-01-2009, 10:09 PM   #19
TripleMoonsExotic
I meant in relation to the show, sorry. I didn't finish my thought before clicking submit. I'm working and my mind's elsewhere. I was confused by the "we" reference (as Marty is the only one I was aware of in charge of the show) and I asked a few others and they had no clue either.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:19 PM   #20
DanRC30
I knew what you meant.

Yes, it's Marty's show but I'm doing the website, facebook site as well as some other behind the scenes stuff.

I can tell you this, I'm really glad the show is out of the fieldhouse. I personally disliked that room as well as the people that owned it. They were very rude to me and even threatened to tow my truck! Yes, I was parked in front of a fire hydrant, but it was hidden in the weeds and it was about 32 different colors where the rust wasn't covering it, so I didn't see it and I dare anyone else try to find it. It's the best kept secret on the property! lol!

The thing I'm most happy about with the new locations is the climate control. While we were searching for new venues, I told him how important it is to have the air conditioned. Even in the winter the fieldhouse can become a sweat-house. It's just not a nice experience. I look forward to these upcoming shows and I encourage everyone to support it. It's a huge upgrade and I applaud Marty for taking this step.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!