How can someone search for all my posted ads/threads? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-11-2022, 12:52 PM   #11
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
Jason, I'm not seeing that button on anyone's ads, including my own. Looks like that's a mod tool (either purposefully or there's a glitch and it is supposed to appear for all users).
Can you provide a screen shot of what you are seeing in that area? You SHOULD be seeing those buttons, excluding the Edit one. That is a moderator/admin only function when viewing another member's posts.

I logged into a test account I have set up and I certainly DO see that Ads button. I also assigned a paid membership level to that test account and still see that Ads button.

Looking at an ad in one of the classified sections here, this is what I see under my test account (as a registered/Benefactor level member):
Attached Images

Old 10-11-2022, 02:08 PM   #12
Socratic Monologue
This is what it looks like from my account:
Attached Images

Old 10-11-2022, 02:51 PM   #13
WebSlave
Hmm, well that IS odd. Anyone else happening to be reading this thread having the same problem?

Out of curiosity what sort of device are you using to view the forums?

Old 10-11-2022, 03:23 PM   #14
Socratic Monologue
12" Macbook (2017), OS 10.14.6, up to date Firefox, VPN.

I checked on Safari (12.1.2 -- which is really old -- same machine and VPN) and I do see the 'ads' button from my account.

On mobile (iPhone 8, iOS 15.6.1 -- which isn't current -- Safari, same VPN service) and I do see the 'ads' button from my account.

So, things look normal on dated browsers, but not on a current one.

Old 10-11-2022, 03:56 PM   #15
nickolasanastasiou
I see only the gallery, edit, and quote buttons for the bar-shaped ones. The other two are multiquote and quick reply.

Old 10-12-2022, 04:10 AM   #16
Logician
Quote:
12" Macbook (2017), OS 10.14.6, up to date Firefox, VPN.

I checked on Safari (12.1.2 -- which is really old -- same machine and VPN) and I do see the 'ads' button from my account.

On mobile (iPhone 8, iOS 15.6.1 -- which isn't current -- Safari, same VPN service) and I do see the 'ads' button from my account.

So, things look normal on dated browsers, but not on a current one.
The button is named as "ads" so I suspect your firefox (probably a plugin it has) is considering it as advertisement and blocking it.

Old 10-12-2022, 11:45 PM   #17
WebSlave
Actually, I am using FireFox myself without an issue, so perhaps there is a plugin being used by some people that is being just a bit too stringent in it's ad blocking.

I didn't think these ad blocking programs would be smart enough to read a graphic image for content, so is there a possibility (if being used) to disable the alternate text string displayed if the graphic image hasn't loaded? Back in my programming days seems there was code for that sort of thing in HTML.

Anyway, this spam blocking shtuff can really gum up the works sometimes.

Old 10-13-2022, 07:56 AM   #18
Socratic Monologue
Toggling things on and off on my end indicates that uBlock Origin and AdBlocker Ultimate remove the 'ads' button.

Old 10-13-2022, 02:45 PM   #19
WebSlave
Quote:
Toggling things on and off on my end indicates that uBlock Origin and AdBlocker Ultimate remove the 'ads' button.
Thank you for taking the time to figure out that wrinkle.

So I am going to call this as being an operator-end issue.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!