Things I hate.... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 06-09-2014, 04:19 PM   #11
WebSlave
Damn.... it appears that it is getting worse rather than better! Lots more of them around and they are getting even more aggressive at biting and hanging on. Forget about waving your arms around thinking you can scare them away.

I have 5 mosquito magnets running and they are getting filled with the biting SOBs. There are large swarms of the flies all around each of the magnets so they are definitely doing the job. Can't imagine what it would be like around here without those magnets making a dent in the population. This is the worse year, by an order of magnitude, that I have ever seen of these things. It is absolutely no fun whatsoever going outside. We are having to use the back door so we can use the screened in porch as a sort of staging area to try to kill the flies that followed us in there so they don't get into the house.

I sure wish that whatever eats these little monsters would hurry up and have their own population explosion to keep up with them.

Old 06-09-2014, 04:40 PM   #12
Lucille
I did a search and found this beekeeping clothing store, maybe some sort of protection would help when you have to go empty the mosquito catch bags.

http://www.brushymountainbeefarm.com...s/products/12/

Old 06-09-2014, 05:26 PM   #13
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I did a search and found this beekeeping clothing store, maybe some sort of protection would help when you have to go empty the mosquito catch bags.

http://www.brushymountainbeefarm.com...s/products/12/
Yeah, I've looked at similar clothing. Even have some screened hats around here somewhere that we used when skeeters were really bad. The problem is that these flies can bite right through clothing unless it's really heavy material. Which here in sunny Florida puts you in the position of either maybe dying from fly bite, or from heat prostration from the heavy clothing.

Personally, I'm thinking about looking into designs for flame throwers.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:27 PM   #14
WebSlave
On another line of thought that is irritating me lately....

Well, apparently some Ebay sellers are acting as unofficial resellers for Amazon. I've gotten three packages of items I bought from Ebay sellers that came from an Amazon Fulfillment Service. The first two I opened up and saw that the invoice was marked that the merchandise was sent to me as a "gift". So I guess those Ebay sellers are using this as a method of drop shipping from Amazon. Anyway, I sent the second package back for a refund and explained exactly why. I would have sent the first one back, but it didn't dawn on me what was going on. I thought it was just a fluke of some sort.

Ordinarily, this wouldn't bother me, except for the fact that I refuse to do any business with Amazon. They screwed me over last summer concerning an order of a bushel of steamed crabs through one of their affiliates, not upholding their professed "A-to-Z" warranty, and I haven't had a thing to do with them since then. Nor will I.

So I got another box just today from Amazon from an Ebay seller that is going to go back to them. Wish those sellers would disclose their acting as resellers, because now I'm getting pretty gunshy of buying anything off of Ebay as a result.

Old 06-10-2014, 02:19 PM   #16
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
On another line of thought that is irritating me lately....

Well, apparently some Ebay sellers are acting as unofficial resellers for Amazon. I've gotten three packages of items I bought from Ebay sellers that came from an Amazon Fulfillment Service.
Had this happen once as well. I generally like amazon although I hate getting 'new' dvds/blurays that are missing the security sticker. This happens all the time, I've just sucked it up and taken them because I get tired of returning shipments.

Also, if you buy something from target online, it's shipped and fulfilled through amazon, just fyi.

Old 06-10-2014, 04:45 PM   #17
WebSlave
Apparently these redirected shipments from Amazon are labelled as being "gifts", so it's not like this is some sort of authorized reselling network through Amazon. I have an email from this past seller who tried to sell me more of the octenol cartridges claiming that she just got more in her "shop". So she is purposely trying to defraud sellers. Of course, never could understand why people will lie when obviously their lie will become apparent just as soon as the package is delivered. I guess I'm from the dying out generation who gives a crap about their word, credibility, and reputation.

So far she hasn't replied to my contacts about returning the merchandise. I hope she doesn't think I am shy about leaving negative feedback on Ebay.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!