2020 male, multi het kisatchie ratsnake - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes

Notices

Old 12-20-2020, 05:57 PM   #1
blichtenhan
2020 male, multi het kisatchie ratsnake

I have been working with silverleaf Kisatchies for 7 years now.
This male is a multi het kisatchie ratsnake. He is the first snake pictured. He is 100% het silverleaf. He is 67% het anery. And he is also het for another gene, I suspect, that I would call melanistic?
I have put in a picture of the sire of this snake, and you can see he is not a normal silverleaf kisatchie. He is the second snake pictured. I have enclosed two pictures.
I have 2 males of this color. When they were hatched, they resembled normal silverleafs, but as they got older, they got very dark over the period of a few years. They seem stable, now, in other words I do not see any further darkening in the last year or two.
I am certainly open for discussion on what is going on with this snake.
I had 8 babies and only one female, and she has been sold. So I have some males, but I am optomistic I will hatch some babies in 2021. I have 3 females that I hope will produce eggs. I have 5 males, so I have some diversity.
I would like $175 for this snake. Shipping will be about $60.
The best way to reach me is email. lakewaymedical@htomail.com, and a text will also work, 512 626 0278.
Thanks for looking at my ad, Brad Lichtenhan
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 12-24-2020, 04:03 PM   #2
Joey Herp
School me on silverleaf Kisatchie ratsnakes. Exactly what type of Ratsnake are they...P. alleghaniensis or P. obsoletus? And can you elaborate more on it's genetics. Thanks.

Old 12-25-2020, 09:35 AM   #4
blichtenhan
Kisatchie Ratsnakes

http://southwesternherp.com/taxonomi.../guttatus.html

here are some notes comparing "Slowinski" the Kisatchie ratsnake, to different forms of emory

Thank you, Chris for posting that original link.

Anybody have good ideas on what my really dark silverleafs are? Just have to wait and see if the breed true, I guess, thanks for looking, Brad Lichtenhan
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-13-2021, 12:08 PM   #5
UnmeiNoHi
Are these related to the soderberg/whisler stock?

Old 01-13-2021, 10:33 PM   #6
blichtenhan
Somewhat related, yes. I had 6 different females and 3 males at one time, and most if not all of the silverleaf kisatchies came from this group of snakes. But the dark males have not fathered any snakes so far, except the males in this ad. Thanks, Brad
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!