Other people bumping your ads - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

View Poll Results: How do you feel about somebody bumping your ad?
I'm all for it - it keeps my ad on top 31 37.35%
I don't mind, if it is somebody I know 7 8.43%
I don't care 26 31.33%
I don't really like it, but I don't complain 2 2.41%
I hate it - it's my ad, if I want it bumped, I'll do it myself 11 13.25%
other - please comment 6 7.23%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2009, 03:51 AM   #1
hhmoore
Other people bumping your ads

I see this happening from time to time, and have discussed the topic with a variety of people (some of whom no longer participate on this site). Regardless of whether you have expressed your views in the past, please vote in the following poll.
**Note - for the purpose of this poll, only consider the gratuitous bumps (ie Bump for an awesome snake, or , Bump for a great seller) not those that result from legitimate questions/comments.

I am not posting this as a personal criticism of the practice, but to gauge the opinions of the sellers. If it is considered a good thing, maybe more people will pick up the habit...if people don't like it, maybe people will take the hint.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:12 AM   #2
Uroboros
I bump periodically for a person that I'd really like to see sell.

I try not to do it too much, but there are some really great people out there trying to sell and self-bumps are kind of like whoring yourself. It's much nicer when someone else does it for you (IMO of course).

Old 07-05-2009, 04:15 AM   #3
hhmoore
My opinion:
I find it annoying, and delete those and other BS comments as soon as I notice them (*before anybody gets any ideas about having some fun with me, I plan to start adding negative karma to the process - I feel that strongly about it).
If I want my ad bumped up, I'll do it myself...in my own way. Another person posting just for the purpose of bumping my ad up does not benefit me in any way...in fact, I think it can have a detrimental effect (depending on the person doing the bump).

**edit: Since I have been asked about my above statement, I need to clarify - the deleting of comments and negative karma applies only to MY ads

Old 07-05-2009, 01:20 PM   #4
rosebud945
I'm not sure if this is on topic, but I see really old ads that are bumped because someone doesn't pay attention to the date on which the thread was started. Can there be a time limit placed on ads to prevent this confusion? Can really old, ie, years old, ads be removed?

I think the seller should be allowed to bump his or her own ad. I have seen sellers do this very tactfully by updating the ads or adding incentives to purchase. I think that the seller should be responsible for bumping the ad, because it is really in their best interest to do so, right?

Old 07-05-2009, 10:41 PM   #5
th3jok3r
I think its a good way to help people out and maybe communicate with someone. i dont see any harm in it as long as it isnt something derogatory/negative torwards the item being sold. in the end everyone here is helping out one another one way or another. whether you buy sell trade or do whatever you do we are all linked some way.

Old 07-06-2009, 12:11 AM   #6
Southern Wolf
Im kinda torn. If someone buys from me and wants to post they are happy with the animal they just got... then great.. Im all for it.

But if someone is bumping me just to move me to the top. Prob not helping me much.

Old 07-06-2009, 12:23 AM   #7
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
Im kinda torn. If someone buys from me and wants to post they are happy with the animal they just got... then great.. Im all for it.
Somebody posting "Hey, I just wanted to say that I just got a ______ from this guy, and couldn't be happier" isn't really what I'm talking about (though, personally, I don't want that in my ads either - whether I do it immediately, or after the sale, I'm only going to delete it. I'd rather have them put the kudos on the BOI.) I'm referring only to people posting bumps in other people's ads...whether they read bump, bump it up, back to the top, bump for a good seller, or whatever.

Old 07-06-2009, 12:32 AM   #8
th3jok3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post

But if someone is bumping me just to move me to the top. Prob not helping me much.
it helps because if your on top people notice you right away.. its the same thing when you go to walmart and check out there is tons of candy eye-level for little kids so parents PURCHASE so bumping to the top does help in my opinion

Old 07-06-2009, 12:32 AM   #9
Mooing Tricycle
I dont want it. I will delete bumps to my ads, as i would like control over them myself.

Old 07-06-2009, 12:51 AM   #10
hhmoore
Jaime,
Since you seem to be justifying the act, let me ask you a couple more questions:
1) How do you decide whose ads you are going to bump? The response most would expect is that you do it for friends...but that doesn't always appear to be the case.
2) What if one of your ads was bumped by somebody you didn't want to be associated with...would you still consider it to be a good thing?
3) Is there a limit to the number of times you will bump a given ad?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!