candled - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-11-2006, 11:53 PM   #1
perefalcon
candled

Well, it's official 3 eggs are most deffinately fertile, I can see the little leos growing inside the eggs. I finally remembered to buy a flashlight for that purpose. And as far as I can tell, the new 2 are also fertile, I'm positive I saw veins. That means 5 beautiful babies that are due to start hatching on the 5thish next month.

Can you see the eyes when they're in the egg? I could swear I saw a black spot on the baby by one of the ends of the soonest to hatch egg

Old 03-12-2006, 12:10 AM   #2
LeosForLess
I remember seeing a black spot. Are you seeing the whole embryo move, that has got to be the coolest thing. And how old is the egg?

Old 03-12-2006, 12:23 AM   #3
perefalcon
no I'm not seeing any movement yet, it was prolly asleep or something, but it's deffinately bigger than the 2 laid 2 weeks later. The first egg was laid on Feb 11 and the second 2 on Feb 23

Old 03-12-2006, 01:31 AM   #4
BalloonzForU
Yes you can see the eyes. The night before one of my last of the year's hatched I candled and actually saw the eye blink. Now that was cool, I got a wink from one of my hatchlings before it even hatched. Just prior to hatching the shell gets softer and I think that is why I was able to see it.

Old 03-12-2006, 09:50 AM   #5
perefalcon
this shell is very hard still, this is the one that collapsed in the first weeks, so I put a top with no holes. When should I change the top to the one with holes? I have less than a month left

Old 03-12-2006, 11:09 AM   #6
BalloonzForU
I wouldn't change the top at all. Just keep opening the lid once a week for some fresh air. When was it laid and what temp are you incubating at?

Old 03-12-2006, 12:19 PM   #7
perefalcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by perefalcon
no I'm not seeing any movement yet, it was prolly asleep or something, but it's deffinately bigger than the 2 laid 2 weeks later. The first egg was laid on Feb 11 and the second 2 on Feb 23
that's the Feb 11th one
it's being incubated at 83

Old 03-12-2006, 12:57 PM   #8
BalloonzForU
At about 4 weeks, start looking in the incubator every day, open tub maybe every other day. They will be fine in there for 24 hours with out opening. I had my first clutch surprise me and hatch out two weeks before I expected to see any babies. Opened the tub to see how the eggs where doing and almost dropped the container because they screeched at me. I had a stick em on the tub so I couldn't see in, now I use a dry erase marker.

Old 03-12-2006, 03:30 PM   #9
MiaShadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by BalloonzForU
Opened the tub to see how the eggs where doing and almost dropped the container because they screeched at me. I had a stick em on the tub so I couldn't see in, now I use a dry erase marker.
-giggles- That would have been funny to see! Supprise! LOL

~Mia

Old 03-12-2006, 04:45 PM   #10
BalloonzForU
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaShadows
-giggles- That would have been funny to see! Supprise! LOL

~Mia
I think my family would agree. I was running around the house screaming I've got Albions, I've got albinos, I've got albinos. I think they were about to put me in the loony bin.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!