I'm thru with DHL - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-24-2006, 10:57 AM   #1
Xavier
I'm thru with DHL

I shipped out 1.3 hypo tang/SHTCTs yesterday, they should have been arriving to Maryland today but when I checked tracking this morning they where in Cali. So I give them a call and they tell me there was a discrepancy in sorting here in Vegas and the package will be delivered on Monday. I ask them if it will arrive in the correct city tonight they tell me yes so I ask why they can't send it out tomorrow morning. So after all that they tell me they will arrive to the reciever tomorrow morning, if that doesn't happen I'll be ticked. This is the 4th time this has happen with DHL in the past 2 years and the last time I will ever use them! Everone thank DHL they have just lost regular customer and hundreds of dollars a year I'm going to Fed Ex!
Xavier

Old 02-24-2006, 11:21 AM   #2
The NY Gecko
that sux. ive only done a few gecko dealings. but lots of stuff on ebay. so far UPS has been the best for me. they were also the ones used with my 2 females

Old 02-24-2006, 11:57 AM   #3
Greg Riso
Thumbs down I've Got You Beat!

Xavier, In early December I used DHL to ship an animal from New Hampshire to Brooklyn, NY. I personally dropped the package off at their facility late at night to assure the animal would be packed a minimal amount of time. I paid for overnight service but they must have routed it by ground because the tracking number was absolutely useless showing my box left the facility. If sent overnight it should have shown arrival at their hub in Ohio. Bottom line is the package was nowhere to be found until early THURSDAY MORNING!!! Amazingly enough the animal was delivered four days later and was still alive even though temps were at record lows of around 18 degrees F during at the time. I could have personally driven the animal to it's destination in five hours. Instead I entrusted DHL with it and the animal was severely frostbitten and had to be put down. Even though all of this was totally out of my control I replaced the animal (a $650 value) with two others and this time met the buyer at a show to hand deliver them. DHL really sucks and was fully at fault but no way was I going to make the buyer lose out. To add insult to injury (literally) I still haven't even been reimbursed for DHL's service failure!!!

Old 02-24-2006, 01:23 PM   #4
Dan Lubinsky
I switched to them a few weeks ago and the first three went thru great but out of ten deliveries they've screwed up twice so far. Fed Ex you say?

Old 02-24-2006, 02:37 PM   #5
ZenReptiles
I dread deliveries by DHL.... I don't know if anyone read my thread on them in the bs thread... Two weeks ago, the driver literally threw a 50g aquarium at my house. I heard a loud thud, went to open the door to find the dhl driver in his truck speeding away, and glass and popcorn peanuts all over the porch. Two years ago, they delivered 2 leos to me, losing the first one completely, and leaving the 2nd one in a snow bank for me to find dead 8 hrs later. Not to mention all the dead boxes of crickets hidden under my deck. Worst company ever....

Old 02-24-2006, 04:27 PM   #6
ShannanD25
I use UPS as my Leo shipper and so far, so good. Anytime I have received anything with DHL, it has normally been a problem. They seem to think that anytime crickets are sent to anywhere in my town they all go the one local pet store run by nasty women who will then take your shipment after they signed for it and wont give it back.....
I think everyone has had some sort of bad experience with one shipper or another....but it seems like I read about DHL more often then not...

Old 02-25-2006, 06:42 AM   #7
dragonflyreptiles
Xavier, did the leos get there Ok?

PS I use fed x and have only had 1 problem, the store I sent the package too did not open til 10 and they tried to deliver at 9 something and they were going to redeliver the next day, I called and they got it delivered around 2pm

Old 02-25-2006, 08:02 AM   #8
snowgyre
I use UPS because the local UPS store is run by fantastic people. They call me the 'gecko lady' and always take exceptional care with the boxes housing the geckos. Granted this was my first year shipping geckos, but I didn't have a single problem with UPS's service.

Old 02-25-2006, 09:10 AM   #9
Xavier
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflyreptiles
Xavier, did the leos get there Ok?

PS I use fed x and have only had 1 problem, the store I sent the package too did not open til 10 and they tried to deliver at 9 something and they were going to redeliver the next day, I called and they got it delivered around 2pm
I'm on hold with DHL right now trying to find out where they are, thier website tracking still shows them in California.

Old 02-25-2006, 09:15 AM   #10
Xavier
I guess they're going to search the distenation facility and get back to.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!