why are the good days always marred - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-22-2006, 10:51 AM   #1
perefalcon
why are the good days always marred

I got my first eggs today from my SHTCT het bell X SHTCT het bell pairing....and my dog had her puppies at 5:30.....only problem is one of the puppies is going to have to be put down...she never developed a full skull. Here's a pic it is kinda disturbing. This is out first bad pup that will be put down out of three litters....It's kinda heartbreaking, knowing what blaise went through for nothing

Old 04-22-2006, 11:18 AM   #2
JBrune
That sucks!

GSD right. I actually going today to look at a male rescue GSD.

Feeling sad you guys today.
Good luck with the litter.
JB

Old 04-22-2006, 11:24 AM   #3
The NY Gecko
Pardon my ignorance but, GSD? Sorry to hear about the puppy by the way. Yes. it seems that whenever we have good days something else rolls along to mess it up for us. Murphys Law.

Old 04-22-2006, 12:20 PM   #4
Junkyard
GSD-German Shephard Dog

That is a bummer, unfortunately it does happen and usually on our good days. Keep your chin up and focas on all the other pups AND that gorgeous crested you have in your avatar.

Old 04-22-2006, 01:15 PM   #5
nydrgnldy
Awwww....I am so sorry....But unfortunately there is nothing you can do for the poor thing...Concentrate on the other pups...It such a shame I know how you must feel.....How is mom doing???
Robin

Old 04-22-2006, 01:50 PM   #6
perefalcon
Mom's smarter than most would give her credit for, she knows the puppy isn't gonnna survive, she's keeping it warm and cleaning it, but not letting it nurse...I know I should make her try, but I don't want to prolong it's pain, I know it's prolly not gonna make it to monday, so I have to figure out a way to hmuanely euthanize it, I don't want it to suffer.

And yes they are GSD, good eye. Mom's been very diligent, we didn't bring up the whelping box yet, she wasn't due till next week roughly and the healthy pup went waddling off under the couch, lol she went a bit nuts, I thought she had to go out the way she was pacing, and then I noticed only one pup, so I looked under the couch and sure enough was a little dust ball squirming towards the front. I got her out and mom made quite the scene of cleaning her...not to mention dad finally got to take a look at his girl. Blaise never lets him near the pups, and he loves to play with them when they're older.

Old 04-22-2006, 02:05 PM   #7
WindyO
That is too sad. I hope the others do well.

Old 04-22-2006, 04:57 PM   #8
perefalcon
Well, my aunt took the pup, she's gonna try to get it to take formula, thankfully the puppy got some of the colostrum last night, but I sent those 2 pics to the ER Vet in my area and they've never seen that before. They're pretty sure that it's either the brain or the spinal cord. It'll be a very costly procedure if she survives long enough. But my aunt is willing to give her that chance. I'm not able to part with that kind of money so soon after Jerry's Emergency surgery, but she is, so please pray for her to survive and maybe we'll get to see her in a better state growing nicely.

Old 04-22-2006, 05:24 PM   #9
USAGECKOS
Congrats on your eggs Tonya! Can't wait to see the babies from that pairing.

And, I am sorry to hear about your puppy, its kinds scaring me, my dog is going to have puppies in about a month, it will be her first litter, hope she does good

I hope the puppy makes it and lives a long happy life!

Old 04-22-2006, 07:52 PM   #10
perefalcon
this was blaises third litter, she did suprisingly well on her first litter, they were a spunky bunch to say the least LOL

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!