Ice cream excellence - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 05-29-2006, 03:48 PM   #1
Lucille
Ice cream excellence

Of course Blue Bell is #1, but today I tried Ben and Jerry's Choc. Chip Cookie Dough and it was pretty good.
I love ice cream and I like trying the premium brands, so if you have a fave please list the brand and flavor and why it's your fave.

Old 05-29-2006, 04:46 PM   #2
A_Kendergirl
I've been all over the country, and Blue Bell Chocolate ice cream is hands down the best! I do miss it. Another very good Ben and Jerry's is New York Super Fudge Chunk - and it tastes even better than it sounds. I'm a sucker for chocolate and nuts, and that ice cream has it in spades. I also like cookies and cream ice cream, but it's been a long time since I've found a REALLY good brand. Bryer's Oreo cookies and cream is quite good.

Thanks, now I need some ice cream and I'm all out!

Old 05-30-2006, 02:59 AM   #3
ZX11
Ok, someone help out. What is Blue Bell???????

Old 05-30-2006, 03:23 AM   #4
Lucille
It's an ice cream company, I believe it is in the south only.

Old 05-30-2006, 07:30 AM   #5
cryptly
Try Turkey Hill's "Death by Chocolate" ice cream. It's heavenly.

I want ice cream now. . .

Old 05-30-2006, 07:37 AM   #6
Lucille
We don't have Turkey Hill here, that I know of.

This subject brings up an ancillary ice cream preference question:
Are you a 'purist' that eats only ice cream, or do you put stuff on top?
Me, when I got it, I put whip cream or Dream Whip, nuts, and sometimes syrup.

We have a frozen yogurt shop here in town that has all sorts of flavors, and while frozen yogurt doesn't quite reach the heights of yumminess that premium ice cream can, this shop does a wonderful hot fudge sundae.

I don't really do alcohol, so when I've had a hard day I grab a friend and we go eat hot fudge sundaes, it's good for the soul .

Old 06-03-2006, 08:12 PM   #7
cryptly
No Turkey Hill!!! That's horrible!!

I like sprinkles and things on soft ice cream (vanilla cone with oreo crumbs, yummy! :eatpointe ), but not on hard ice cream. To me, the extras seem to mix into soft ice cream better than hard ice cream.

I'm not much into alcohol either, preferring ice cream or M&Ms (or both), but I do occasionally like to mix up a Kahlua milkshake. :eatpointe

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!