Oddly enough, this is my first... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-07-2019, 07:56 PM   #11
AbsoluteApril
Cute little amel, I agree, she'll look great once regains some weight.

Old 02-07-2019, 08:02 PM   #12
wvaherp
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
It also should not be used on animals with possible fungal infections, as it can worsen them. My vet told me that.
I wasn't aware of that. Though I'm of the belief that anything fungal needs to be strictly quarantined and referred to a vet immediately. Especially these days.

Sent via the android pony express

Old 02-07-2019, 08:03 PM   #13
wvaherp
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
Cute little amel, I agree, she'll look great once regains some weight.
Indeed. I'm kinda excited to bring her back to full health.

Old 02-07-2019, 08:05 PM   #14
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvaherp View Post
Basically, do such things at not only your own risk, but your animals' as well, no matter what antiseptics or disinfectants are involved.
Understood. It was simply the idea of a routine disinfectant soak that is new to me. I'd certainly research the dilution rates, etc before engaging in any new routine.

Thanks for all the info!

Old 02-07-2019, 08:10 PM   #15
wvaherp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
Understood. It was simply the idea of a routine disinfectant soak that is new to me. I'd certainly research the dilution rates, etc before engaging in any new routine.

Thanks for all the info!
No problem! I don't use it all the time, myself. It's more of an occasional thing. Like if I miss a cleaning or someone decides to try and "paint"... Other than that I might do it every 4-6 weeks.

Old 04-08-2019, 10:15 PM   #16
wvaherp
Well this little girl is eating like a horse and putting on weight. Her temperament is just about perfect. She is always looking for a meal but "shuts off" quicker than any of my boas when she knows there's nothing.

She shed for me a while back, and the tail tip got stuck on the damaged section where she had the previous stuck shed, but I caught it quickly and gave her a nice soak and it came right off with no resistance. That area of her tail did bleed a tiny bit afterward, but it looked like it scabbed up cleanly and was no worse than before.

In the mean time I kept a close eye on her and called a couple local vets just in case I had to bring her in to have it removed, but she continued to do fine with nothing but careful hygiene.

Fast forward a couple weeks, and I check on her like usual, only to find it fell off on its own. I'm pretty sure her body did a better job than the vet could have since you can barely tell she lost about 3/8".

She's one big step closer to me being ready to break the news to my daughter that Slinky is her snake.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!