My new purchase. Boa - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-31-2022, 08:44 AM   #1
allreptiles1966
My new purchase. Boa

Not looking for sympathy!!

Brief history. Started breeding boas in 2008. Was doing well and building up my collection with lipstick and coral as my main focus.
I had a couple heart attacks and had stents placed. Times were a bit rough at that time. Sold off half my collection. A year or so later, my mother in law died. My father in law is border line hoarder. Not garbage but junk. Lol. Had diabetes badly. So my wife moved in with him to help keep him safe and healthy.
Well, tgat was turning into a hassle. So, I had to go help with him. I kept my remaining boas as long as I could.
But, I had to sell off to move into father in laws house to help take care of him and his property. Rented my house out to my son who had just come home from 6 years in the marines.
I managed to hold a few males back because my son took care of them with me. They stayed at the house.

Recently. Had 3 massive heart attacks in one week! No bs! On the 3rd one I knew something was wrong. Er i went. I ended up having a triple bypass in Oct.
now I feel much better and am getting back into breeding. I’m after making the best corals I can. Stick around to see what I produce. My goal is high color lipstick coral albinos and sunglows. Both in regular pattern, jungles and super jungle pattern.

Here is my first adult female pick up. She’s coming from Josh Buchwald. She’s a lipstick jungle sunglow. She will be paired with a high coral male.
Now life is even better, getting back into what I truly love the most, keeping and breeding sweet sunglow boas.

Look for litter pics spring/summer of 2023.

Rich.
Attached Images

Old 01-31-2022, 10:31 AM   #2
Socratic Monologue
I don't keep B.c. or really know anything about them, but that's a lovely looking snake. Sounds like a fun project.

Old 01-31-2022, 11:10 AM   #3
allreptiles1966
Thanks John. She’s originally from Adam Chelsea (spelling).
I’m excited like a 10 year old boy getting a go kart. ��

Old 01-31-2022, 05:12 PM   #4
Helenthereef
Looking great! It's amazing what modern medicine can do these days, and what a great way to celebrate having a new lease on life

Old 01-31-2022, 05:20 PM   #5
WebSlave
Rich, glad to hear you survived all those heart attacks! But seriously man, maybe your body is trying to tell you something. Like maybe you need to take things easy and not prime yourself for another one.

I sure do hate to lose members PERMANENTLY!

Old 01-31-2022, 05:36 PM   #6
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
Looking great! It's amazing what modern medicine can do these days, and what a great way to celebrate having a new lease on life
It truly is, Helen!! I was surprised how fast you are out of the hospital. And they super glued my chest together. No stitches/staples.
She is a gorgeous animal. But as we all know, Adam breeds some great looking animals.

Old 01-31-2022, 05:41 PM   #7
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Rich, glad to hear you survived all those heart attacks! But seriously man, maybe your body is trying to tell you something. Like maybe you need to take things easy and not prime yourself for another one.

I sure do hate to lose members PERMANENTLY!
You are right Rich. But I’m just paying the piper from my early years. Although I ate too much fats as I got older and the smoking cigarettes didn’t help. I’m on a heart diet now. So hopefully I’ll stick around. At least long enough to get my grandson here into the hobby.
You might see him somewhere down the rd posting corals and lipsticks, Rich.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!