Australian Water Dragon Adults - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Agamids

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 12:41 AM   #11
nivek5225
Were you wanting to sell them all together? Or would you sell just 2? Were you able to get any pictures of you holding them? That bigger male really has some red though, he looks great! Someone near me has a couple 2 year olds that came from Agama that he is selling, but aren't really showing their red yet. Depending on their temperment, i might get a pair from him. Either way, I wouldn't be able to get yours or his for a little while, until I build an enclosure for them... I'm really looking for a nice pair to breed, but also to be pets. They would be handled and interated with daily. Just like my other reptiles. Did you need to get rid of these quick, or would you wait a little while? And do you have any idea of what you are looking for to get for them?

Old 12-08-2009, 01:50 AM   #12
R. Eventide
Careful of Agama International, Kevin. Bert Langerwerf passed away a little while back, and his family is selling everything with, it seems to me, little regard for the animals themselves. This is just what it appears to me, though, so definitely check it out for yourself first.

Ohh, yeah, I forgot the males actually tolerate each other! Nice!

There's a really nice metal screen cage at LLLreptile.com I'd get for them. It's 2 x 2 x 4 ft (tall) cage (for their climbing pleasure), and most of the bottom would be a pool...with plenty of climby branches and maybe a hammock or two. I might try putting live plants in there, though they'll probably just dig them up. Hee hee.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:58 AM   #13
Physignathus
I was lucky enough to get my female before Bert passed, and the males right after when I found out they were selling off their stock. (These 2 males were actually the last ones that they had for sale besides the breeding groups.) He was extremely helpful and really an amazing guy, he answered all of my questions and walked me through my first purchase of an Australian water dragon. I instantly became addicted haha! I had an unfortunate experience with a Chinese water dragon from a pet store, and never looked back. I eventually hoped to follow in Bert's footsteps and begin breeding them to replace their Chinese cousins in the pet trade, and make them cheaper and more readily available like he was doing. If I had the money to buy their farm I would in a heartbeat, haha. But my dreams will have to wait. I have heard about them going downhill though, the 2 males just had some scale rot but I was fortunate enough to be able to get that cleared up quickly. I was wondering about the fact that your friend has dragons that are the same age as mine and don't show any color yet, I am assuming his are all female then. I'll take some more pics and post them tomorrow of them being held and interacted with. Been working a lot the past few days and have just had time to pop on.
  Contact User Check User
Old 12-08-2009, 10:25 PM   #14
nivek5225
Would you split them up, or would you only want to sell all 3 of them together? And do you have an idea of what you were looking for to get for them?

Old 12-09-2009, 09:49 AM   #15
TeguTerra03
I am interested in the larger male how much 100 shipped let me know thanks

Old 12-09-2009, 02:11 PM   #16
Physignathus
They don't have to all go together, I fine with splitting them up. But I think that one of the males and the female would make good breeders together since they are the same age. If I don't sell then I was planning on breeding them next year, so remember babies are always a possibility. The female has a bright orange stomach which is rare in this species, so I'm curious as to whether it passes to offspring. I paid about $250 for each shipped, so I'm looking to atleast make that back. Keep in mind they are young adults with their secondary sex characteristics too, which is pretty hard to come by. (Atleast I wasn't able to find many sexed individuals for sale.)
  Contact User Check User
Old 12-09-2009, 07:27 PM   #17
Physignathus
Here's some more pics as requested. Hopefully this gives a better size and color reference. I'll get some pics of the female up tomorrow, she's currently at my boyfriend's house. Here's male 1.
  Contact User Check User
Old 12-09-2009, 07:39 PM   #18
Physignathus
Male 2
  Contact User Check User
Old 12-09-2009, 07:43 PM   #19
nivek5225
That male really is awesome! If i were to take them, I would want the larger male with the female. It's so tempting to just take them now lol but i don't have an enclosure ready for them that is big enough. I'll be building one that will be about 6ft tall by 4ft long for the both of them... Or another pair if someone else grabs yours sooner. I just know I won't be able to find any that are this old with that good a temperment as yours. Their temperments are really important to me because they would be "pets" along with breeding them.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:45 PM   #20
nivek5225
The smaller male actually looks pretty good too now that i see more pics!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread