It all started... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-18-2005, 12:19 PM   #1
epidemic
It all started...

Many, MANY years ago! 10 years of age, Homestead, FL and and an indigo being harrassed by a neighbors dog!
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2005, 03:46 PM   #2
thesnakeman
contrasts

When I was that age, my dad would have had a kinipshion FIT about the hair, AND the snake! Now days, I'll bet you have way less hair, and mine is almost to my ass. HA! And now I spend most of my time playing with snakes! Go figure. Imagine what my life might be if he'd let me do my own thing. Or what yours might have turned out like if your dad had been like mine. Parents,...let your kids do their own thing now! They'll just end up doing it later in life anyway. But at least they won't have to spend their first fourty years doing something other than what they love. And they can go ahead and pursue happiness at an early age, instead of waiting till theyr'e old and crippled like me.

Anyway, looks like a couple of pretty good kids, and one GREAT snake! Jeff, don't you ever quit! And show us some more pics! Of snakes that is,...not that we don't love you or anything, but, well,...you know.
T.

Old 05-18-2005, 04:57 PM   #3
epidemic
Gone now!

Yes, I had hair back in the day, but my hairline ran away from my forehead when I started breeding D. couperi ten years after that photo was taken.
Believe it or not, both I and the guy on the left, also named Jeff, were military brats and that photo was taken in front of my parent’s house on Homestead Air Force Base.
We had hair, but we also knew how to say sir, ma’am, please and thank you, and to have the utmost respect for our elders.
I caught the indigo pictured my first week in Homestead and encountered at least one daily, though four per day on a Saturday was common. We actually encountered more D. couperi then Pantherophis!
I have to agree with you regarding parents nurturing their children’s love for nature. The teachings of good stewardship, regarding our natural resources and wildlife, can never begin too early and, as Tony mentioned, they’ll just end up doing it anyhow!

Best regards,

Jeff

Old 05-18-2005, 08:34 PM   #4
daveb
Great Pic Jeff, too bad it is not a common scene today...
Dave Boyle

Old 05-19-2005, 04:37 AM   #5
Douglas Taylor
Nice snake... and hair.... and CLOTHES!!!

Doug T

Old 05-20-2005, 02:31 AM   #6
Tom
Cool pic Jeff. I didnt know you were an Air Force brat. I grew up at Pope AFB. For us getula was the norm. Anyway, tried to call you the other day to see how things were going. Take care.

Tom Eason

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!