Please Help!! Ups F-ed Up - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-27-2005, 12:35 PM   #51
ShannanD25
I think I have heard horror stories on every delivery company. I wish the reptile community could start their own WIshful thinkin' huh?

Recently I had a bug shipment get dleiverd to ALL About Pets in Red Lion PA that was mine. The woman signed for it, knew it wasn't hers, and sold them and refused tpo give me my bugs back. She made about $400 minimum wiht her prices and the amount of bugs I had in the shipment. The police are actually investigating it because she signed for it but now denies ever receiving the package, claimin the DHL guy kept them for himself.....I talked with him and he said yeah, I served chocolate covered crickets at my 4th of July party....he submittied his statement to the police saying he did indeed mistkaenly deliver my package to her and she signed fo rit. He went back to get it once he realized what happened and she told him she burned the boxes so he has no proof and that she did not have time to talk and walked away from him....

I doubt anything will happen....it just upsets me at DHL (Even though the driver was very nice and seemedupset at his mistake)...different address, different names, signature did not match my name....

Okay done venting...thinking about it I need to call the Detective to see what has happened so far. It is considered theft to sign for someone else's package then sell the contents...but considering it was bugs.....i doubt anything will happen....

Old 07-27-2005, 10:17 PM   #52
acpart
Shannan,

If you don't get any satisfaction from the police or detective I highly recommend you take her to small claims court. i did that last month to a guy who took my money for a day gecko but did not come through with either it or the refund. I won, and I'm still in process of getting my money but I feel vindicated (the whole story will be on BOI if I don't get my money).

Aliza

Old 07-27-2005, 10:54 PM   #53
ShannanD25
I thought about it but here its the thing.
Southern Cricket sent me a replacement within days (it was over the 4th so I did have to wait almost a week to get them due to the holiday and what not)
for free....so I am not out anything.....
I can't sue her for the cost of the shipment becaus i later got the shipment.....its not fair nor right ....

Old 07-27-2005, 10:57 PM   #54
A_Kendergirl
You should still be able to charge her with mail fraud or theft I would imagine.

Old 07-27-2005, 11:37 PM   #55
ShannanD25
You would think she would be charged with something. BUt that is up to the police to charge her with theft, and it clearly was.
Until I told the detective how much she profitted from the critters, he wasn't taking it seriously....once he realized the nasty woman just made over 400 from stealing another person's DHL shipment he told me he would call the DA to see what could be done to her....
I mean come on, if this was a shipment of an expensive piece of jewelry and she signed for it,took it and sold it....and it wasn't hers.....
but since it is bugs....
And in court there isnt anything i can sue for....I am not out money. Out time, with the phone calls to everyone to track down my shipment then the numerous times I went to her store and she kept changing her story and lying to my face....and then talking with the police...but i was charged for a shipment and got it...a week late...but eventually got it....Southern Cricket would be the one to sue her....as they sent out two shipments but only got paid for one....so then DHL will remburse Southern as it was DHL's fault so DHL should go after her....but....

Old 07-30-2005, 05:20 PM   #56
thesnakecharmer
Ack, Shanti you poor thing! I just finished reading your post and I would have been LIVID! I remember when I had my boa shipped to me by DHL and they left the package out in the hot sun, upside-down instead of bringing it into the building and having someone sign for it. I was so angry! Luckily my lil' girl was fine, but the fact that they left a package that said 'FRAGILE' and 'EXTREMELY PERISHABLE' outside makes me wonder . . .

Old 07-30-2005, 06:26 PM   #57
montezuma
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnakecharmer
Ack, Shanti you poor thing! I just finished reading your post and I would have been LIVID! I remember when I had my boa shipped to me by DHL and they left the package out in the hot sun, upside-down instead of bringing it into the building and having someone sign for it. I was so angry! Luckily my lil' girl was fine, but the fact that they left a package that said 'FRAGILE' and 'EXTREMELY PERISHABLE' outside makes me wonder . . .
You see, this is partly why I say
DHL= Delivers Hours Late
FedEx= For Each Delivery Expect eXcuses
UPS= Uses Packages as Soccerballs

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!