UPS Snake Awareness - "we dont ship snakes! " - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 05-22-2010, 02:09 AM   #41
sinisterserpents1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
RIPster = Reptster

David Young was proven here to be a bad apple in the herp industry.... basically he came before ShipYourReptiles.com

He set up the same thing with FedEx.... but he didnt tell FedEx about it
OMG how do people do this.... I was gonna say and get away with it, but apparently he didn't get away with it huh?!

Old 05-22-2010, 02:50 AM   #42
Southern Wolf
Nope... he actually got busted by a show promoter... then it just snowballed from there.

there is a HUGE thread on the BOI about it.... hope you have a week or so to read it all... it will open your eyes to a few other folks in the reptile hobby too.

Old 05-22-2010, 03:37 PM   #43
Khaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post

He set up the same thing with FedEx.... but he didnt tell FedEx about it
Well UPS didn't tell UPS about SYR either.

Old 05-22-2010, 04:22 PM   #44
Southern Wolf
if that is the case.. then why would you want to do business with UPS... becasue they are setting you up for failure.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:19 PM   #45
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological View Post
Donna I am curious...what makes you think the "Additional info in pouch" is Lacey Act Compliant?
Probably because that what USF&W says.

50 CFR 14
(the labeling requirements referenced in the Lacey Act)

Option One
(i) Conspicuously marking the outside of each container or package containing fish or wildlife with the word “fish” or “wildlife” as appropriate for its contents, or with the common name of its contents by species, and

(ii) Including an invoice, packing list, bill of lading, or similar document to accompany the shipment which accurately states the name and address of the shipper and consignee, states the total number of packages or containers in the shipment, and for each species in the shipment specifies:
(A) The common name that identifies the species (examples include: Chinook (or king) salmon; bluefin tuna; and whitetail deer) and whether or not the listed species is venomous; and

(B) The number of that species (or other appropriate measure of quantity such as gross or net weight).
The invoice, packing list, bill of lading, or equivalent document must be securely attached to the outside of one container or package in the shipment or otherwise physically accompany the shipment in a manner which makes it readily accessible for inspection; or
Option Two
Affixing the shipper’s wildlife import/export license number preceded by the three letters “FWS” on the outside of each container or package containing fish or wildlife, if the shipper has valid wildlife import/export license issued under authority of 50 CFR part 14. For each shipment marked in accordance with this paragraph, the records maintained under §14.93(c) must include a copy of the invoice, packing list, bill of lading, or other similar document that accurately states the information required by paragraph (a)(1)(ii) of this section.
Option Three
In the case of subcontainers or packages within a larger packing container, only the outermost container must be marked in accordance with this section. Except, that for live fish or wildlife that are packed in subcontainers within a larger packing container, if the subcontainers are numbered or labeled, the packing list, invoice, bill or lading, or other similar document, must reflect that number or label. However, each subcontainer containing a venomous species must be clearly marked as venomous.
Option Four
A conveyance (truck, plane, boat, etc.) is not considered a container for purposes of requiring specific marking of the conveyance itself, provided that:
(i) The fish or wildlife within the conveyance is carried loosely or is readily identifiable, and is accompanied by the document required by paragraph (a)(1)(ii) of this section, or

(ii) The fish or wildlife is otherwise packaged and marked in accordance with this subpart.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:26 PM   #46
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
Probably because that what USF&W says.

50 CFR 14
(the labeling requirements referenced in the Lacey Act)

Option One
(i) Conspicuously marking the outside of each container or package containing fish or wildlife with the word “fish” or “wildlife” as appropriate for its contents, or with the common name of its contents by species, and
And thus those that label the outside of the box as "Live Harmless Reptiles" should cover the first part of that requirement.

Quote:
(ii) Including an invoice, packing list, bill of lading, or similar document to accompany the shipment which accurately states the name and address of the shipper and consignee, states the total number of packages or containers in the shipment, and for each species in the shipment specifies:
(A) The common name that identifies the species (examples include: Chinook (or king) salmon; bluefin tuna; and whitetail deer) and whether or not the listed species is venomous; and

(B) The number of that species (or other appropriate measure of quantity such as gross or net weight).
The invoice, packing list, bill of lading, or equivalent document must be securely attached to the outside of one container or package in the shipment or otherwise physically accompany the shipment in a manner which makes it readily accessible for inspection; or
And those of us that include a invoice in the box with common, tax, and quanity should cover the second part if I am reading this correctly

although... from here on out... I will start putting the invoice in the label pouch.. that way it is on the OUTSIDE of the container.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:35 PM   #47
TripleMoonsExotic
Exactly, Kevin. "Readily accessible" could mean in a pouch on the outside of the box or between the cardboard and the styrofoam (the top of course, not the bottom). I would agree that using the pouches would be the best option so that the boxes don't have to be actually opened to determine contents.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:36 PM   #48
Southern Wolf
Guess I HAVE been doing it right all along

Old 05-23-2010, 09:37 PM   #49
StrictlyExotics
Thank you for posting this Stephanie. This gives a detailed instruction on how to simply follow the guidelines per the Lacey Act.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:53 PM   #50
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyExotics View Post
Thank you for posting this Stephanie. This gives a detailed instruction on how to simply follow the guidelines per the Lacey Act.
You're welcome. It was a tedious process getting the dang PDF from USF&W. I had to wait several months for a response and explain myself twice before they gave me the exact requirements.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!