Question 4 All Sellers Out There - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 10:26 AM   #1
arTURTLEGIRL
Question Question 4 All Sellers Out There

HELP! I have a silly question .... How are you guys shipping your turtles & hatchlings that you advertise on here?

I have been breeding turtles for awhile but, this site is new to me. I love it and want to buy everything you guys are selling on here. Other than local sales & trades, I have done NO online/other sales (out of state).

I recently had a (17lb.) box of 8 turtles & ice packs and when I tried to mail it over night UPS ... They wanted $129. Ouch!

I was just wondering how you huys do it cause I always see ads that say $50-$100 shipped ---- That would almost seem like you are giving your critters away if the shipping is that expensive ?????

Do you guys ship using someone OTHER than UPS. I know Fed Ex is a few bucks cheaper (that is what I finally used) but, it was still $98 to ship eight turtles.

Please help and give me your opinions.
  Contact User Check User
Old 06-17-2004, 10:49 AM   #2
gmherps
Postal service, but usually UPS next day air is the normal way to transport animals.

Old 06-17-2004, 11:47 AM   #3
arTURTLEGIRL
PS (one more question)

Let me know if you guys put "Live Animals" on the box and also, the UPS form asks for "Contents of Box" ---- What do you guys put in there?

Sorry if I am being a pain in the butt, but, I want to do this right !!
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-03-2004, 02:04 AM   #4
MRWARNER
shipping turtles

I HAVE FOUND THAT AIRBOURNE EXPRESS IS THE CHEAPEST AND THE BEST WAY TO GO, JUST WRITE "LIVE TURTLES KEEP FROM EXTREAM TEMPS" ON THE BOX AND YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS. I HAVE BEEN DOING IT THIS WAY FOR YEARS. HOPE THIS WAS SOME HELP.

MIKE

Old 07-07-2004, 09:39 AM   #5
turtleman1
airborne is best, but there billing sucks, i am being sued for bills that recivers payed on there end ( collect)
usps , turtles and snakes are not legal thru the mail, if found they will be destroyed
( Ca. 2003 ) 100 redears
we ship fedex about 25 boxes per week, you have to get an acct. set up, send a sample box,the way you package them, ( just box, no turtles) ups sai they do not ship live, but lots of people do it.
what kind do you have avaiable? we have a truck that picks up in ark. about every 3 weeks or so,
contct me, maybe we can help
gene
wdc1@webtv.net 850 547 5442

Old 07-07-2004, 01:01 PM   #6
arTURTLEGIRL
Thank you "everyone" for your replys

I will check into the Airborne next time I ship something.

In response to Turtleman ... I have many water turtles in my personal collection. But, I also have lots of three toed box turtles. My three toed box turtles have been breeding like crazy in the last four years. I have several adults and youngsters.

I rehab the turtles that have been hit out on the road and left in the highway for dead. I have about twelve boxies with really damaged shells and missing limbs ... BUT, they have produced 17 babies in the last four years.

I also have several others (a few ornates and eastern boxies)that vets or private individuals have given me over the years.
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread