Pine snake pics - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-22-2023, 12:50 PM   #1
WebSlave
Pine snake pics

Some pics from my digitized 35mm slide collection of pine snakes.
Attached Images

Old 01-28-2023, 12:10 PM   #2
JColt
Nice pics. I sure miss my Fla reptile hunting days sometimes.

Old 01-28-2023, 01:14 PM   #3
WebSlave
I think only the top pic was taken in Florida. The others, if I remember correctly, were taken in New Jersey. I used to be pretty adept at finding pine snakes back then. Also found quite a few coastal plains milk snakes in that area, too.

I remember an incident years ago, when Pete Kahl used to stop by my place in Maryland. He wanted to go to the Pine Barrens (he used to call it the "Barren Pines"), so I took him up there. We were in my Bronco bouncing along a sandy road when he asked me if I had ever found a pine snake crossing the road. I told him "nope, never have." It was exactly at that time that Pete yelled out "Pine snake!", right there in front of us, crossing the road.

Sure do miss kicking around in that areas. Used to find some really neat areas with lots of the thread type sundew plants growing wild. Hope it hasn't changed too drastically. It was a really special place to get lost in.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!