Moon photo tests using Nikon D850 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Photography & Videography Techniques and Equipment

Notices

Photography & Videography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical and practical details of how to take good pictures and videos, as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

Old 05-02-2018, 01:41 PM   #1
WebSlave
Moon photo tests using Nikon D850

Night before last I wanted to try out the new Nikon D850 with a few longer lenses I have to see how well it would capture images of the moon. I mounted everything on my motorized tripod for astrophotography work so I could more easily track the moon and keep the camera as steady as I could. Honestly, I really need a remote shutter trigger for this purpose, as just putting my hand on the camera introduces a lot of jitter, which is certainly reflected in the photos taken. Anyway, here is the results I got.

Nikkor 500mm reflex lens:

Nikkor 1000mm reflex lens:

Sigma 50-500mm zoom lens:

Now to compare the above with an image I took using my Nikon Coolpix P900 camera with it's integral 24-2000mm zoom lens.

Personally, I think I'll stick to the P900 for photographs of the moon. Unless further trials using a remote shutter trigger improve the results I got from the D850 substantially.

Old 03-13-2020, 04:17 AM   #2
adamgeller
Not Bad. Very clear image

Old 05-01-2020, 02:21 PM   #3
David Hussey
Wow. I have Nikon D-350 and the result of that camera is also good but not like this. I love this photographs. Now I am thinking to exchange my camera with D-850. I bought my camera by using coupons for 2020 and by using this code I can exchange my camera as well. I am not a professional photographer, i just want it for fun.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:34 PM   #4
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hussey View Post
Wow. I have Nikon D-350 and the result of that camera is also good but not like this. I love this photographs. Now I am thinking to exchange my camera with D-850. I bought my camera by using coupons for 2020 and by using this code I can exchange my camera as well. I am not a professional photographer, i just want it for fun.
I am feeling generous today. I removed what looked like a spam url from your above posting. I will give you just one more shot posting here to prove you are not a spammer. Otherwise....

Old 07-14-2020, 04:34 AM   #5
Anayargas
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Night before last I wanted to try out the new Nikon D850 with a few longer lenses I have to see how well it would capture images of the moon. I mounted everything on my motorized tripod for astrophotography work so I could more easily track the moon and keep the camera as steady as I could. Honestly, I really need a remote shutter trigger for this purpose, as just putting my hand on the camera introduces a lot of jitter, which is certainly reflected in the photos taken. Anyway, here is the results I got.

Nikkor 500mm reflex lens:

Nikkor 1000mm reflex lens:

Sigma 50-500mm zoom lens:

Now to compare the above with an image I took using my Nikon Coolpix P900 camera with it's integral 24-2000mm zoom lens.

Personally, I think I'll stick to the P900 for photographs of the moon. Unless further trials using a remote shutter trigger improve the results I got from the D850 substantially.
incredible photo quality

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!