Rich Z (WebSlave) - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-03-2022, 08:46 PM   #141
bcr229
I'm glad things are looking up for both of you.

Old 10-04-2022, 06:38 PM   #142
WebSlave
Well, damn, I guess I misunderstood that phone message I got from Walgreens. What I picked up today, instead of the 5mg tablets of Prasugrel was a bottle of 75mg tablets of Clopidogrel! So instead of giving me a reduced dose of the old drug I got an INCREASED dose of a different drug.

Dammit all to hell.............

Old 10-05-2022, 12:24 AM   #143
Insomniac101
Maybe he thought the new drug will work better for you. I think you mentioned that the other drug had contraindications for your age and weight. But obviously, you should call to get clarification, and make sure it wasn't an error.

Old 10-12-2022, 11:59 PM   #144
WebSlave
I just went back to the 10mg Prasugrel, but I changed when I am taking it. I used to take it in the morning, but now I am taking it in the evening. Hoping that the drug will dissipate overnight a bit so during the daylight hours when I would be more prone to get a bruise, I won't be as affected by the drug. Obviously I am just not getting through to the cardiologist about what I WANT. I really don't want to experiment with some new drug in my system. Everything seems to have negative side effects in one form or another. So I just don't feel like playing Russian roulette with yet another drug.

And to add a bit of insult to injury, last night I was eating some popcorn while watching a movie, and somewhere along the line part of one of my molars broke off. Didn't notice it at the time, but when I was feeling around with my tongue for those little bits of kernels that always get stuck between your teeth, I felt what seemed like a cavern where the back of a tooth used to be.

So off to the dentist today, and got a temporary crown put on while waiting for the permanent one to be made. At least it wasn't painful when it happened. Cold sensitive, yes, but thankfully really no pain to speak of. Tooth pain is really hard to take.

Always something, I guess. If something mechanical, electrical, computerish, or plumbing isn't breaking around here that I have to fix, either Connie or myself will be having something going on with our now enfeebled bodies that needs attending to. I am SOOOO over 2022....

And as for the "golden years" propaganda, I would like to meet up with the marketing person who thought that one up.

Old 05-21-2023, 01:01 AM   #145
WebSlave
Yep, I am definitely getting older.

Used to be when I was doing yardwork with my battery powered tools, the battery would run out long before I was ready to quit. No so today. I don't know how much charge was left in that batter, but I had to call it quits.

I don't know why I choose to do that sort of work during the hottest part of the day, neither.

Well, I have heard people say that that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I really don't believe that any longer.....

Old 05-30-2023, 11:21 AM   #146
WebSlave
Well, another first anniversary date reached. A year ago today was the day I had my heart attack.

Yay me...................

Old 05-30-2023, 03:11 PM   #147
bcr229
Congrats for still being on the sunny side of the sod.

Old 05-30-2023, 04:28 PM   #148
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Well, another first anniversary date reached. A year ago today was the day I had my heart attack.

3 years ago this month I had the open heart thing. Yep, getting old ain't for sissy's! Doctor took me off aspirin back in Jan and bruising much less now and skin seems a little thicker. I will bleed like a stuck pig though still. Good your still kicking Rich!

Old 05-30-2023, 09:04 PM   #149
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
Yep, I am definitely getting older.

Used to be when I was doing yardwork with my battery powered tools, the battery would run out long before I was ready to quit. No so today. I don't know how much charge was left in that batter, but I had to call it quits.

I don't know why I choose to do that sort of work during the hottest part of the day, neither.

Well, I have heard people say that that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I really don't believe that any longer.....
You have summarized my WHOLE LIFE!!

Quote:

Like many other think, we are very lucky you are around!!

Old 06-17-2023, 04:11 PM   #150
WebSlave
Worked outside today, and think I bit off more than I wanted to chew. Only planned on doing some trimming back of the underbrush trying to claw it's way back, but then I noticed a small (relatively speaking) pine tree that the wind had blown over onto the power line leading to the house. If it weren't for some other trees catching the top of it, I suppose it might have taken the line down. But as it was, it was resting on the tree tops and the power line.

I was already winded and soaked in sweat from the trimming stuff, but heck, lots of rain in the forecast, so best to get this done and out of the way now. Or else wind up losing power during one of those storms from that tree.

Long story short, I brought the tree down safely and cut it up into manageable chunks to haul off to the edge of the woods. Heart was pumping pretty good by then. I think I had a section of my shirt about the size of a quarter that wasn't soaked in sweat.

So anyway, that got me to wondering.... How long will it be before I can do strenuous work like this and not be wondering if another heart attack will kill me the following morning? Truth be known, I think of that a LOT when doing yard work.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!