JCP are not eating. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #1
Skanakis
JCP are not eating.

1-albino corn=Eating like a hungry hungry hippo.
1-Brazilian Rainbow=eating like a fat kid on cake.
1-baby JCP=Eating GREAT
1male 1female adult JCP....have no ate since 11/16. And they used to eat GREAT. I thought they were mating but i dont think anything took. I have seperated the male many of times to feed him. nothing. temps are ranging 75-80.
1 baby jag i recieved last month. Ate a nice large fuzzy when i got her. Now nothing. Same with a Junglexdiamond. they are not eating. I have been trying to switch them to rat...I have done the Warm them up trick. I have done the rub the mouse on the rat trick. 11/16 i decided to get them hungry then try rat. well its 12/22. I tried mouse again last night. Didnt work. Im thinking MAYBE the adult jcps mating did catch...but....dont know why male isnt eating when i seperate.....and why the other smaller ones are not eating. Any sugggestions...are welcome.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:24 PM   #2
crotalid9
I wouldn't panic yet. Many of my animals slow feed this time of year, regardless of their temps staying the same.

Mike

Old 01-31-2012, 05:02 AM   #3
Araidia
I have an adult male jcp that's a pain in the butt to feed when he smells girls around, it doesn't even have to be girls of the same species, he does it around just the ball pythons to. Mine starts eating like a champ again as soon as the girls are done laying or if i keep him in a room away from the girls for a while. You could try offering him live food, just make it smaller than usual if he's not used to live, that usually works on mine. For the newer snake they might just be settling in still, my jag did that when i first got her and a month later started inhaling food again as fast as she could get it lol. They'll come around when the weather warms up and breeding is over.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!