What do you think of the Daytona Fl show - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 06-06-2004, 04:51 PM   #1
snakekid13
What do you think of the Daytona Fl show

Im getting to go to the daytona florida reptile show for the first time. What do you think of this show is it really worth the drive from texas to florida. Do the breeders have quality animals or is it a typical show filled with cornsnakes, ball pythons and leopard geckos. Are the animals overpriced or reasonable priced. Let me know what you think about this show. im saving my money for some large retics I want to buy their.

Old 06-06-2004, 05:00 PM   #2
Ken Harbart
Daytona is the show to be at. As for it being worth the drive, you may want to ask the many individuals that fly in from Europe every year just to attend the Daytona expo.

Old 06-06-2004, 05:38 PM   #3
snakekid13
Awesome just making sure it's worth it.

Old 06-07-2004, 01:23 AM   #4
gila7150
I agree with Ken....it's worth it.
However, you may not find many vendors selling adult retics there. Im pretty confident that you'll be able to find some nice CB juveniles though. I'm sure all the retic morphs will be there as well either to admire or purchase (depending on your budget).

Old 06-07-2004, 01:36 AM   #5
NEWReptiles
I'm making the 20 hour drive from WI. I was there last year and it was a blast.

Old 06-07-2004, 11:36 AM   #6
snakekid13
Sweet! Well maybe ill see you guys their im the nerdy 13 year old lol. Im probably going to get my retics from bob clark since he's having a show near us in July just dont want to blow all my money at his show lol.

Old 07-27-2004, 02:05 AM   #7
Shakahn's Grove
We too will be driving from Texas to the Daytona show and it will be my first Daytona show as well. It's good to know I won't be the only Newbie there. G'luck with those retics. We have a no big snake rule here. I will be drooling over the ball pythons over at Daytona. Maybe the geckos . . .maybe the Dart frogs. . .it will be fun I hear there are 650 tables sold. It will put any of the shows we have here locally in the metroplex to shame.

Old 07-29-2004, 12:48 PM   #8
snakekid13
No kidding no offense to the arnolds i love their shows but this show is going to deffinately put theirs to shame.

Old 07-30-2004, 09:35 AM   #9
Bruce Lowder
A great show, and I'm sure that attendees will have a wonderful time.

However, my wife and I will NOT be in attendance. We were thinking of going, but found out that strollers will not be allowed in the facility! My wife, daughter (2) and I all love to attend shows, and in fact we run one of the largest shows in the Northeast. I would have spent at least $1000 at Daytona, but if my family is not welcome, I will spend it elsewhere!!!

Reptile expos should not necessarily be promoted as a place to take the kids just to entertain them. However, to specifically exclude young kids is, in my oponion, short-sighted and wrong!! Folks of ALL ages, whether they are 2 in a stroller or 92 in a wheelchair should be made welcome!

Old 08-03-2004, 07:44 PM   #10
bpc
I have to defend Wayne and the stroller decision here. At this show, there simply IS NOT ROOM! It's held in an expo center the size of an NBA arena. Yet, it is still CROWDED! You would be runnning over people's ankle's all day. I have small kids myself, so I know how it is. But, for this show, find a babysitter. This is not a "day out for the family" type show, never has been, and never will be as long as Wayne is running it. Plus in a show this crowded, it would far to easy to slip stolen animals into a stroller. Now if I could just get a freaking table!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!