For Sale S.I.M. Egg Incubation Containers (Zero Contact with Substrate) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Caging, Supplies & Services For Sale/Wanted

Notices

Old 08-19-2010, 05:22 PM   #1
Johnantny
S.I.M. Egg Incubation Containers (Zero Contact with Substrate)

S.I.M. Egg Containers are here!

The S.I.M. stands for Suspension Incubation Method relating to how the eggs are incubated on a grid off the substrate. This prohibits direct contact with a wet substrate and allows approximately 100% gas exchange between the container environment and the egg membrane. Eggs incubated buried in dampened substrate are subjected to excess water which often results
in drowned egg(s). Also in contrast to this, too little water or humidity results in egg desiccation. Eggs incubated in the S.I.M. are surrounded top, bottom and sides by air. The steady humidity and (possibly) better Oxygen absorption in these containers allows neonates to develop faster resulting in shortened incubation times. Clutches incubated in this container have all hatched earlier than when buried in Perlite at same temperature.

Size of container is 8"L x 6.75" W x 4.5"H. Made from Polycarbonate and made to last, no junk here!

Fantastic results using this product to hatch Leopard geckos, Cresteds, Dwarf Monitors, Beardies, kingsnakes, smaller pythons, aquatic turtles and more. Makes incubating easy since there's no measuring, no mixing! Great for first time breeders and professionals!

$24.99 each shipping separate. Deals on 5 or more SIM containers available.

Thanks

John and Gregg

See our website for photos, results and information...

http://www.squamataconcepts.com
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 08-19-2010, 05:29 PM   #2
repti-racks
Has these ever been used yet to incubate tree monitor, gila and mexican beaded eggs ?

Old 08-19-2010, 05:49 PM   #3
Johnantny
Ackies, tristis, pilbara, flavis, lace as far as I know. I plan to incubate my tree monitors in the SIM next spring. As for Gilas and Beadeds I do know of a zoo currently incubating charlesbogerti in the SIM at the moment.
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-19-2010, 05:51 PM   #4
repti-racks
ok sound great for what you mention about them it do believe they will work great . I will be picking up some in the near future to try out
thanks

Old 08-19-2010, 08:22 PM   #5
Johnantny
They do work great. I just want to include a few other species that have hatched recently- Western Hognose Snakes, Coastal Plains Milksnakes, Cali Kings, Carpet pythons, GTP's, Childrens Pythons, Bamboo Ratsnakes, Green Iguanas, Caiman Lizards, Strophurus geckos, cave geckos, fat tail geckos.
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-19-2010, 08:25 PM   #6
repti-racks
nice, its a great design and im sure it will work on many harder species to hatch cant wait to test it out.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:19 AM   #7
Johnantny
Bump up
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-21-2010, 10:06 PM   #8
rpeteroy
Hello everybody, Free bump for this guy. This container is the greatest invention to lizard and small snake breeders round the world. The suspension method is a great mold inhibitor, by keeping fresh air all around the eggs it reduces mold drastically.
I also love being able to look in the container (which is clear as glass) and see all around my eggs which you cant do when their buried. I can see any of 90% of the egg to see any denting or unusual looking problems or developments. I have a glass door on my incubator and can see right into the container through the door. I dont even have to open my incubator to see if any are hatching.

These containers are also beginner friendly by suspending the eggs it keeps them out of the substrate thus reducing over saturation of the eggs. I have been having a 99% hatch ratio with these and even better considering 100% of my eggs that make it past the halfway mark hatch.

I posted some pictures of bearded dragons and pilbara rock monitors incubated and hatched in these containers. Take a look at the clean eggs and how neat and orderly they are. Also think about this the hatching babies cant kick the eggs around and turn them upside down like when they are loose in substrate. enjoy pics all.

1st pic sim with dragons hatching and lid on, sorry about the glare with the lid on its so clear it lights up with a flash just like a taking a picture through glass with flash

2nd pic dragons hatched in sim with lid off ( Animals were incubated with lids on pics are to show how clean eggs are, Never incubate with a lid off unless your type of eggs call for it!!!!! )

3rd pic Pilbara rock monitor eggs

4th pic Pilbara baby hatched in sim container
Attached Images

Old 08-22-2010, 07:46 AM   #9
polasian
Ronald, your post is very informative but probably better suited for the Consumer Reports forum (your info will reach more people that way). I recommend that you re-post your comments as a thread in that forum...

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...play.php?f=470

Old 08-29-2010, 09:31 AM   #10
Johnantny
**bump**
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
eggs in incubator, incubation