is this a desparate business in need of funds? - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-29-2006, 11:34 PM   #151
RB_BPz
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
I have refused sales to people because the well being of the animal comes before the money with me.

I think this clears up whos in it for the solely money and whos in it for the hobby

Petey

Old 08-29-2006, 11:36 PM   #152
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB_BPz
Haha THanks Griz...

Ok Per Ethics...

Its not cool to kill a market becuase you want money. Its business but dirty business. You and i both kno that. its Common sense? Dont ya THink. MKR is awre of it. But desparation in possesing a high end morph at a low price has hindered people from seeing this.

PEtey
Now there's an honest answer. But, let's look at it another way by answering these questions:

1) How is keeping the prices artificially high not the same thing as placing your prices low? Aren't you, in essence, accomplishing the same thing? Now, instead of allowing more people to afford these animals, you are keeping people from owning them simply to line your pockets. Isn't that the very definition of greed? Would you rather be called greedy or a smart businessman?

2) What right do you have to tell a competitor to not lower their prices simply because you want to maximize your gains. Keep in mind you then become a competitor?

Griz

PS There is also a spell check button that will help your posts.

Old 08-29-2006, 11:38 PM   #153
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
I can guarentee you I would not buy from them no matter what the price.
I refuse to do business with people that associate with the type of people Joe and Wes at MKR associate with.
But, if you knew nothing of their associations, would you buy from them? I assume you would as would most. Again, this is not about associations, of which I am in complete agreement with you, but this is about pricing. Two different beasts.

Griz

Old 08-29-2006, 11:41 PM   #154
jpatino
Griz i agree if this was never brought to the boi any one that was looking to get into balls would have jumped at a chance to get a ball morph at that price.

john patino

Old 08-29-2006, 11:51 PM   #155
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
But, if you knew nothing of their associations, would you buy from them? I assume you would as would most. Again, this is not about associations, of which I am in complete agreement with you, but this is about pricing. Two different beasts.

Griz
Hmm.
Price probably would have made me contact them. The low price would have also prompted several questions. Hard to say. I base my purchases and sales not only on price but also on the overall "feeling" of the way things are going when I deal with someone as well.
I really cannot answer it. Too many "ifs".

Just to clarify, I totally agree that anyone can sell their animals for whatever they want. This situation IMO is different though. Based upon what I have been able to find out, this was not just a "normal" business decision. There was more involved in what transpired than just trying to sell for less than the competition.

Old 08-29-2006, 11:58 PM   #156
RB_BPz
Quote:
1) How is keeping the prices artificially high not the same thing as placing your prices low? Aren't you, in essence, accomplishing the same thing? Now, instead of allowing more people to afford these animals, you are keeping people from owning them simply to line your pockets. Isn't that the very definition of greed? Would you rather be called greedy or a smart businessman?
THats a Very Strong Point but that is what retains market value. MKR Knows they hold the power to control the market value becuase they are dominant breeders. THere interest was quick buck, not the well being of an ENTIRE INDUSTRY. GEt me? Its just they pretty much ruined it for alot of people and hobbyist. Im testing waters saying this but Ralph would never have done this, No Bob Clark.

Quote:
PS There is also a spell check button that will help your posts.

ill think about it...lol

Old 08-30-2006, 12:00 AM   #157
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
Hmm.
Price probably would have made me contact them. The low price would have also prompted several questions. Hard to say. I base my purchases and sales not only on price but also on the overall "feeling" of the way things are going when I deal with someone as well.
I really cannot answer it. Too many "ifs".
But, I think it is safe to say that you would buy from them assuming they met all of your criteria vs Breeder B who met the same criteria but was $500 more. I know what I and EVERY SINGLE OTHER PERSON would do in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
Just to clarify, I totally agree that anyone can sell their animals for whatever they want. This situation IMO is different though. Based upon what I have been able to find out, this was not just a "normal" business decision. There was more involved in what transpired than just trying to sell for less than the competition.
And I concur, but the main complaint that the vast majority of people have is not:

1) Their associations
2) Their underlying motives
3) The Davis vs whomever else debacle
4) Who they are

It's been about how dare they price their animals in such a manner as to cause a price drop. And THAT is the basis for my argument.

Griz

Old 08-30-2006, 12:06 AM   #158
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB_BPz
THats a Very Strong Point but that is what retains market value. MKR Knows they hold the power to control the market value becuase they are dominant breeders. THere interest was quick buck, not the well being of an ENTIRE INDUSTRY. GEt me? Its just they pretty much ruined it for alot of people and hobbyist. Im testing waters saying this but Ralph would never have done this, No Bob Clark.
It's also called "price fixing". Whenever there is a strong collaboration, especially through intimidation (you ought to see some of the emails I have received), to arbitrarily maintain an inflated price, you have what the Fed's like to call.....price fixing.

While we all know they have bigger fish to fry, it's none the less unethical, correct?

Griz

PS YOUR FULL NAME MUST BE ON EVERY SINGLE POST! You can also add it to your profile.

PSS Why should MKR be concerned with the well-being of the entire industry? They are accountable to themselves and them only. I, nor anyone else, is going to be so foolish as to believe the folly in that statement. Are you really going to give the well-being of the entire industry any thought when making your selling decisions? C'mon......

Old 08-30-2006, 12:11 AM   #159
RB_BPz
Quote:
Are you really going to give the well-being of the entire industry any thought when making your selling decisions? C'mon......

True...Whatever Karmas a "Female Dog"

Lets just see how far their business will take them.

Old 08-30-2006, 12:12 AM   #160
RB_BPz
Quote:
Are you really going to give the well-being of the entire industry any thought when making your selling decisions? C'mon......

True...Whatever Karmas a "Female Dog"

Lets just see how far their business will take them.

Petey

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!